none
Windows 2008 server R2 ISO after burning only readme txt file

Question

• I downloaded windows 2008 R2 Trail version iso file ,after burning the cd contains readme text file,i use image burn,nero,ashampo,ultra iso,power iso,winrar.winzip,the result is same ,please give me some solution .

The system iam using windows 7 64 bit,ultimate with udf update for dvd is already installed. The readme text contain following details,

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

• Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, December 27, 2010 8:25 AM Focus (From:Service Pack 1 RC for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2)
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean after burning it, only readme text file is in the disk?

What’s the size of your downloaded ISO?

Please download the ISO from the following site:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd459137

Tim Quan

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:18 AM
  • yes after burning the cd ,only readme text file, the file sile is 2.8gb
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:25 PM
  • OK.

I am afraid that you did not burn it correctly.

Please refer to the following article to burn the ISO to the DVD.

http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Burn_Windows_7_ISO_to_DVD_24547844

Tim Quan

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:29 AM
  • i burn iso file successfully using sevaral tools ,before buring i check with virtual cd that also showing readme.txt file,may be downloaded image is corrupted.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Then you can download the file again.
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:40 AM
  • Then you can download the file again.

i think there's something buggy with win7 x64. it can not read udf disk. only show message [ This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.  ]. it happens on both real disk or iso image mounted disk.

everything was fine when i was using win7 x86 and xp, but i got this problem with win7 x64. Mr Tim, have you ever tried win7 64bit ?

Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:46 AM