none
MDL memory leak

Question

• Hello,

i have next problem: nonpaged pool continuously grows up until it takes all available memory and computers stops responding to any events.

Poolmon currently shows next picture:

Next strange behavior is Nonpaged pool limit at computer with only 8GB of RAM:

Can you help me, please?

Its impossible for me to use OS for a long time without reboots, nonpaged pool consumes all memory in around 24 hours.

Thank you.

• Edited by Aasimar Saturday, June 16, 2012 12:17 PM
    Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. Could you please help collect a dump file for analysising? Steps could be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244139

You could upload the file to skydrive or I could provide an email account if you do not would like to share the dump file to public.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

i just discovered that my keyboard doesn't have Scroll Lock key... I'll upload dump when find correct keyboard and pool grows enough. Currently it grows much slower, only 1.4 GB now after 2 days uptime.

I think I should wait again after changing registry key and reboot.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:49 AM
  • I'm sorry, but i can't upload dump to skydrive because it is a bit larger than 2GB.

You can get it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3m97gp7g9kpyq1/MEMORY.DMP

It is dump with 1.7 GB Mdl, but it just became 1GB larger in 30 minutes. I'm starting to think that it's size correlates with amount of traffic transferred. 

Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:29 PM
  •  I'm starting to think that it's size correlates with amount of traffic transferred. 

I almost sure now, after starting downloading around 30GB computer stopped responding after ~2 hours at 25 Mbps.

I have routing configured at this system if it matters (PPTP + manual LAN route + NAT).

Now, when downloading is in progress nonpaged pool continuously grows for around 1MB per second.

Please, let me know if you need dump with even larger Mdl =)

• Edited by Aasimar Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Can you give me any response about that dump? After reading some topics I suspect that RRAS can be reason of memory leak. Unfortunately I can't confirm it because I really need it right now. I'll try to disable RRAS in few days. 
    Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:21 PM
  • Confirmed. There is no leak any more after disabling RRAS.

Am I really the only here with such bug?

Can someone offer workaround to avoid leak or alternative to replace RRAS?

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 4:59 AM
  • Does the issue exist even after upgrading to RTM?
    Monday, August 27, 2012 12:40 PM
  • It is fixed in RTM. (The same problem was in Windows 8 RP: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/W8ITProPreRel/thread/cd24a011-4c15-4cf8-8c60-e35f247d5c11 )

But another problem in RRAS is still there: poor LAN routing between physical network and Hyper-V internal network. Can anyone help me?

Monday, August 27, 2012 3:53 PM