none
Virtualizing Remote Desktop serives roles?

Question

• Dears,

i am planning for MS Virtual Desktop infrastructure on Hyper-V based on Windows Server 2012 ( 2 servers  with failover cluster)..

i need to install remote desktop roles " RD Connection Broker, RD Licensing, RD Web Access and RD Virtualization Host", the question ,  to save number of servers can i virtualize Remote Desktop services roles on same Hyper-V host which will also host the virtual desktops in same box?

your response is highly appreciated ..

thanks,

Mufleh

• Edited by Mufleh Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:02 PM
    Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:01 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can host an infrastructure server VM with RDCB, RDWA and RD Licensing on the same Hyper-V host. But I want to recommend that your domain controller is not hosted on the same machine.

Benny

Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Hi Mufleh,

We can do in the same server, RDCB, RDWA, RDVH and RDLH; your phisical host is the RDVH (Remote Desktop Virtualization Host); generally the RDCB, RDWA, RDVH and RDLH are in virtual machines; and the RDVH should be the phisical host.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:06 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can host an infrastructure server VM with RDCB, RDWA and RD Licensing on the same Hyper-V host. But I want to recommend that your domain controller is not hosted on the same machine.

Benny

Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Hi Mufleh,

We can do in the same server, RDCB, RDWA, RDVH and RDLH; your phisical host is the RDVH (Remote Desktop Virtualization Host); generally the RDCB, RDWA, RDVH and RDLH are in virtual machines; and the RDVH should be the phisical host.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:06 PM