none
Storage Pools and VMM2012 Storage

Question

• If you create a Storage Pool using Windows Server 8 will you be able to manage it using VMM 2012 by using Add Storage Devices??
    Friday, March 23, 2012 12:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that this question is more related to SCCM.

Though this is not tested, my personal view, as Storage Pool is not recognized as a disk, we may not able to manage it in VMM. However the virtual disks created on it should be manageable. You could have a try on this if available.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 26, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Ok I should have phrased it differently - Looking at the storage pools managed by Windows 8 - it has the built in ability to talk to storage devices that support the SMI-S protocol. Will Windows 8 Storage pools also expose the SMI-S protocol for it's own storage pools?? I.e will VMM2012 be able to see Windows 8 Storage pools through the SMI-S protocol??
    Monday, March 26, 2012 9:42 PM
  • replied in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserver8gen/thread/2c0c0540-f940-4f03-8ad2-d25481a4ef63

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 06, 2012 6:37 AM