none
Indexing on file server failing due to Insufficient resources

Question

• I have indexing enabled on a user home drive server, which is set up with FRSM. I get tons of 3031 errors with:

A document ID cannot be allocated.

Context:  Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:

The content index server cannot update or access its database, because the version store has insufficient resources.  Increase the system resource usage setting for the search service.  If the problem persists, stop and restart the search service.   (0x80041183)

Plus Windows Search service won't start due to insufficient resources. However, I do not know which resources it thinks are insufficient. I have 10Gb of free space on the C: drive. Server is only using 2 of 4 GB RAM. Plenty of CPU. 
    Is there a limit to the size of an index?  My windows.edb file is about 2.7GB, which must be the index.

Any thoughts?

Friday, October 22, 2010 7:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue may be caused by the larege windows.edb file. Please stop Windows Search services and delete Windows.edb file, start the service, is there any progress?

If not, to better understand your problem, please help to collect the following information for research.

1. When did the issue start to occur?
    2. Is there any change before this error?
    3. If possible, could you disable FRSM to test?

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue may be caused by the larege windows.edb file. Please stop Windows Search services and delete Windows.edb file, start the service, is there any progress?

If not, to better understand your problem, please help to collect the following information for research.

1. When did the issue start to occur?
    2. Is there any change before this error?
    3. If possible, could you disable FRSM to test?

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:06 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the suggestions? Any update is welcomed. If there is any problem, please let us know the detailed error message.

Thanks.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:15 AM