none
Windows Unified Data Storage Server 2003 (64-bit) - Damaged ISO on MS site

Question

• Hello,

I am not sure how to contact and inform MS that their ISO for Unified Data Storage Server 2003 (64-bit) is damaged. I am trying to evaluate this product for an iSCSI target project. I have downloaded the ISO twice from two sources, tried in a VM, also burned to a disk and tried on a physical server. The ISO for the x64 version is damaged.

As usual, there is of course no link to contact MS to inform them and correct this issue. I am able to use the 2003 Storage Server x32 but our server is x64 with a lot of ram and expected storage space will need to utilize this. Storage Server is only x32.

Any suggestions on how to inform them of this problem?

BTW Our sever is self built and a bit old. Server 2008 doesn't work on it properly so this is why we are reverting back to the 2003 versions.

Link to Damaged ISO(s):

http://microsoft.download-ss.com/thankyou.aspx?ordernumber=811723#UnifiedDataStorageServer64

Monday, August 02, 2010 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to know how you identify the ISO file is damaged.

I downloaded the ISO file from the link you provided and I can install the system within a VM on my Hyper-V computer without any issue. Please try to download it again to see whether you get the same issue.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to know how you identify the ISO file is damaged.

I downloaded the ISO file from the link you provided and I can install the system within a VM on my Hyper-V computer without any issue. Please try to download it again to see whether you get the same issue.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:51 AM
  • I just downloaded Openfiler and it too wouldn't load. I then downloaded it from another system and it worked fine.

I then redownloaded the Unified Data from that system and tried it, worked fine.

The problem seems to be intermittent with my network card on my workstation. Sorry for the misinformation.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:13 AM