none
FCI-Lists files that have not been accessed recently

Question

• Hello

When I try and run the report on files that have not been accessed recently. I get the following two messages that say-

This File Server is currently configured to not track last access time for files, therefore the last access time might be inaccurate for some or all the files on NTFS volumes.
      More than the maximum number of files matched the report criteria. Only the top 1000 matches are shown.

Is there any way to correct his?

Thanks

Lee

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Lee,

What is "FCI-Lists"? I assume you are referring to the Storage Reports Management of FSRM.

See this article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757759(WS.10).aspx#w2k3tr_ntfs_tools_mnlv

The last access time can be enabled/disabled with modify the NTFSDisableLastAccessUpdate Value.

Following commands can help enable or disable it:

fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0 ******** enable

fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 1 

Note: Restart is needed.

For "top 1000" issue, it is by design as the report can only list 1000 files in all.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Lee,

What is "FCI-Lists"? I assume you are referring to the Storage Reports Management of FSRM.

See this article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757759(WS.10).aspx#w2k3tr_ntfs_tools_mnlv

The last access time can be enabled/disabled with modify the NTFSDisableLastAccessUpdate Value.

Following commands can help enable or disable it:

fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0 ******** enable

fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 1 

Note: Restart is needed.

For "top 1000" issue, it is by design as the report can only list 1000 files in all.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:58 AM
  • Hi Shaon;

Sorry I am talking about the Storage Reports management. Specifically the Duplicate Files and Least recently accessed files. I will read the technet article you provided.

thank you

lee

Thursday, July 07, 2011 3:04 AM