none
Printing to Multiple Printers Simultaneously

Question

•  Does anyone know of a way to send a print job to multiple printers simultaneously?

Here’s my situation. I’m setting up a program to automatically schedule the printing of Crystal Reports. The program, Logicity, has the mechanism that I need to automate the output of the reports, but it does not have the ability to print to more than one printer (the report needs to print in multiple departments).

My hope was that there would be something similar to a distribution group for printers that could direct the job to multiple queues. My alternative at the moment is to create multiple scheduled tasks, one for each printer. This is a somewhat workable solution, but has its obvious management challenges long-term.

Thanks for the help!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, we cannot use a build-in tool or settings to send print job to multiple printers simultaneously. It is possible however to use a third party application or customized program.

If you would like to create a customized program, I suggest that you initial a new post in the MSDN form to get further support there. They are the best resource for development related problems.

For your convenience, I have list the link as followed.

MSDN Forum
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?SiteID=1

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Dennis Baker Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, we cannot use a build-in tool or settings to send print job to multiple printers simultaneously. It is possible however to use a third party application or customized program.

If you would like to create a customized program, I suggest that you initial a new post in the MSDN form to get further support there. They are the best resource for development related problems.

For your convenience, I have list the link as followed.

MSDN Forum
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?SiteID=1

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Dennis Baker Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:12 AM
  • Mervyn,

That is pretty much what I had assumed, I just wanted to have it verified by someone smarter than myself. Thanks for your assistance.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:17 PM
  • Hello Dennis.

I look for a solution for the same problem. Please let me know how you solved this.

Many thanks,

Karthik

Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:33 AM