none
Video driver for Server 2008

Question

• Windows Server Standard SP1

This is installed on a Dell Optiplex 380 PC which is using the Intel G41 Express Chipset.  Any time I do anything memory intensive, I get a repeated messages saying "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered" and the display gets a bunch of lines in it.  Often times it also blue screens right after this and references igdkmd32.sys.

I didn't set up the server but it looks like it is using driver version 8.15.10.2413 which I think is a Vista/7 driver.

Any ideas? 

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Dell Optiplex 380 is a desktop PC and not server machine. On Dell’s website, you can find drivers for Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. If there is no drivers for Windows Server 2008, you can try to install the drives for Windows Vista or Windows 7 on a Windows Server system. However, there is no guarantee that it will work.

By the way, if the drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7 don’t work, you may try to contact Intel to check whether they have any Windows Server system drivers for Intel G41.

In addition, on a Windows Server system, you may try to leave it with drivers come with the operating system.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:01 PM

All replies

• did you install windows 2008 R2? 

look for latest drivers in dell website and install them,. i think as it is optiplex you willnot find server drivers. but installing latest drivers might help. 

Thanks Uday Kiran,
    Senior Consultant

Cyquent Technology Consultants, Dubai

Please Mark as answer if it helps you
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:06 PM
  • No it is still on R1.  Unfortunately the drivers are the latest.
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:14 PM
  • It is better to check the display card vendors website for latest display drivers.

BOSD is due to installation of wrong display drivers.

I suggest to use Virtual PC if your are using windows server 2008 version on PC.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:28 PM
  • I suggest to use Virtual PC if your are using windows server 2008 version on PC.
    I see a ton of links with info on this - any recommendation?
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:52 PM
  • Check this link.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

Dell Optiplex 380 is a desktop PC and not server machine. On Dell’s website, you can find drivers for Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. If there is no drivers for Windows Server 2008, you can try to install the drives for Windows Vista or Windows 7 on a Windows Server system. However, there is no guarantee that it will work.

By the way, if the drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7 don’t work, you may try to contact Intel to check whether they have any Windows Server system drivers for Intel G41.

In addition, on a Windows Server system, you may try to leave it with drivers come with the operating system.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:01 PM
  • This driver worked for me:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20601&ProdId=3048&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20Professional%2C%2064-bit%20version*&DownloadType=Drivers

I use the 380 as a dev box, and a server os should work on a desktop box, there are not many differences between the two.

• Edited by angellus1 Monday, February 13, 2012 10:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by angellus1 Monday, February 13, 2012 10:13 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 10:12 AM