none
Remote FX Device Redirection with RemoteApp

Question

• I have setup a 2012 RD Session Host Server and I am deploying RemoteApps. I will like to have some devices redirected using RemoteFX. I have enabled this option with group policy and with the RDP connection client i can select the device under Local Resources. However since users will be using RemoteApp I want to be able to automatically configure the option to have the device redirected but I dont see the option anywhere. Can anyone assist me with how to do this?
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can set the option thru the group policy to automatically have the devices redirected using RemoteFX.Whether you are using desktop or remoteapp,both are the same and group policy take the precedence.

regards,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 17, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can set the option thru the group policy to automatically have the devices redirected using RemoteFX.Whether you are using desktop or remoteapp,both are the same and group policy take the precedence.

regards,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 17, 2013 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

Did you find a solution to your problem. I have the same issue and want to redirect all my RemoteFX devices.

TIP:

You can use a custom Powershell command to enable Remote FX devices redirection for a choosen Collection :

Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration -CollectionName HOTLINE-Session -CustomRdpPropert usbdevic
    estoredirect:s:*

Using this command is not redirecting my USB headset !! and i'm not able to play or record sounds via a published sound application

Regards, Samir Farhat Infrastructure Consultant

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:32 AM