none
Error Event ID 1864 NTDS Replication

Question

• Dear All,

i got error NTDS Replication event id 1864, this error appear on all DC every 24 hours.
    If i test replication using repadmin, the result was successfull. No replication issue..

how to fix that error?

Thank you

Regards,

Endrik
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 8:55 AM

Answers

• Dear All, 

Microsoft Service already solve this case.

This is step by step:
    1. Verify that replication to all DC servers are succesffully, and I get 1 replication failed to 1 DC on the branch site because there are outage electricity and connection problem. However, the error NTDS Replication event id 1864 still appear even the replication to all DCs are successfull.

2. Run command repadmin /showvec /latency and there a record say like that:
        domain\lostandfound    @USN    <<DATE>>,

This is happen because there are object NTDS on that lostandfound container which is still using on the replication progress. We delete the NTDS Object and After that, the Error gone on the Event Viewer.

Thank you for all.

Regards,

Endrik
    • Marked as answer by Endrik Friday, February 19, 2010 8:56 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Check this

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/fi-FI/winserverDS/thread/567922cd-9c0b-44db-bdbb-803fec000163

Might be help full if you copy full event ID details,....

Regards

Rajesh J S
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:28 AM
  • Dear Rajesh,

i already read that link before post, its helpfull. but not solve my problem.

Thank you

Regards,

Endrik
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:33 AM
  • Hello Endrik,

Have you got the Firewalls between the Domain Controllers ?? If yes please Disable the AV and the Firewall on both the DC's and Try.

http://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:54 AM
  • Dear Syed,

i already disable windows firewall in all DC. and the event id still appear.
    i using symantec AV, but i thinks its not corelated with the replication.

the error event id 1864 show daily on same time in all DC.

Please advice me.

Thank you

Regards,

Endrik
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:02 AM
  • Please post the below

- Repadmin /syncall /e /P
    - Dcdiag
    - Ipconfig /all
    http://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:37 AM
  • Dear Syed, 

If i run dcdiag, there is some an error  :
    Directory Server Diagnosis

Performing initial setup:

Trying to find home server...

Home Server = ROOTHQDC03

* Identified AD Forest. 
       [BR0049DC01] LDAP bind failed with error 1053,

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion..
       Got error while checking if the DC is using FRS or DFSR. Error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.T

he VerifyReferences, FrsEvent and DfsrEvent tests might fail because of this

error. 

Ldap search capabality attribute search failed on server BR0259DC01, return

value = 81

Win32 Error 81The VerifyReferences, FrsEvent and DfsrEvent tests might fail

because of this error. 

Ldap search capabality attribute search failed on server BR0245DC01, return

value = 81

Win32 Error 81The VerifyReferences, FrsEvent and DfsrEvent tests might fail

because of this error. 

Summary this test are passed and successfully.

if run repadmin, the process are passed and successfully too.

why the error happen?

any idea?

Regards,

Endrik

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

I suspect that there are lingering objects existed in the forest. Please refer to the following article to troubleshoot the issue:

Information about lingering objects in a Windows Server Active Directory forest
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910205

Hope it helps.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Joson ZhouModerator Friday, February 12, 2010 8:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Endrik Friday, February 19, 2010 8:56 AM
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 7:08 AM
  • HI

This error describing that the local domain controller didn’t received replication information from specific number of domain controllers  and also describing number of days , so if you use windows server 2000 DCs then the tombstone life time for unreplicated objects will be 120 days if any domain controllers exceeded these life time so he will have lingering objects,  in windows server 2003 the tombstone life time extended to be 180 days so you need to review the number of days in the event to ensure that you don’t have lingering objects and I think it’s better to enable strict replication to avoid replicating lingering objects in your environment    

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772726(WS.10).aspx

in your case I think you need to use replmon.exe in the specified DC and check every partition status and if you found everything seems to be ok I think you need to review your replication topology ,site links and ensure that the KCC doing his job without any errors related to KCC in the event viewer and at the end please review your how all sites connecting to each other

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:07 AM
  • Adding to other suggestions, you may have an intermitent network problem, check if applies:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496

I hope that the information above helps you. This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:34 PM
  • Dear All, 

Microsoft Service already solve this case.

This is step by step:
    1. Verify that replication to all DC servers are succesffully, and I get 1 replication failed to 1 DC on the branch site because there are outage electricity and connection problem. However, the error NTDS Replication event id 1864 still appear even the replication to all DCs are successfull.

2. Run command repadmin /showvec /latency and there a record say like that:
        domain\lostandfound    @USN    <<DATE>>,

This is happen because there are object NTDS on that lostandfound container which is still using on the replication progress. We delete the NTDS Object and After that, the Error gone on the Event Viewer.

Thank you for all.

Regards,

Endrik
    • Marked as answer by Endrik Friday, February 19, 2010 8:56 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 8:56 AM
  • Good day Endrik,

Yes your right I just read your problem regarding your NTDS Replication Error which is the same thing happend with me the one you see on the "lostandfound" at Active Directory Users and Computers by viewing it on View Menu, then Advanced Features same thing if you delete also at Active Directory Sites and Services this area you can force replicate all the Added Domain Controllers or Member Servers which is connected to Master Domain Controller, and make sure that there is no orphaned DC because it is automatic a replication which is done by DC to other Additional Domain Controller or Member Server.

Lostandfound container also our way to see if some of our DC gone, another things to remember and check always which is related also on NTDS Replication if we have error on our DNS resolving which is also I have found which generates also an NTDS Replication error make sure you done maybe daily or weekly checking and doing this test:

C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\dcdiag /test:dns - this test should have pass all the test, if there is failed there will be an NTDS Replication Error, NTDS General, etc with NTDS Error.

Thanks and Regards,

Cheers...
    Friday, February 19, 2010 3:03 PM