none
Remote Desktop Connection Display Font is SOOOOO SMALL - Windows 7 Pro.

Question

• Please help.  I just got a new machine.  Windows 7 Pro.  I run 3 remote desktop connections to servers.  The display font is soooooooooo incredibly teeny tiny that I can barely see my programs.  This holds true for all 3 Remote Desktop Connections.

I have my local machine set to 125%.  I was told by my server people that there is no fix for this and that this is an issue with MS. 

Does anyone have a work around on this.  I can change the local machine's screen resolution to a lower resolution and then it changes the session, but then everything on my local system is HUGE and distorted.

Please if anyone has any advice it would be a big help.  Thank you,  Samara

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does Windows 7 and Windows server installed the correct graphics drivers? If there is a new graphics driver released, please update to the latest version.

If you want to change resolution in your Terminal Session you have to do it in you Remote Desktop Client before you connect to the Terminal Service Server.
    Open RDP client > go to Options > Display tab, here you can specify the resolution you want.

Regarding the DPI, current version of RDP does not support remote DPI yet, in other words, you always get the standard (100%) when connecting to the server. The only exception is if you are connecting to an existing session which already has different DPI value set.

But this is a workaround DPI settings in terminal session, you can refer to this link:

http://blogs.oracle.com/ThinkThin/entry/setting_terminal_server_font_sizes

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Technology changes life……
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:19 AM