none
DNS automatic notification issue

Question

• Hi.

I have 2 windows server 2008 R2 machines with the DNS role. The first one has a primary zone while the second one contains a secondary zone of the same domain name. the zone transfers works perfectly but I can't manage to make the automatic notification works using "Servers listed on the Name servers tab" option.

It should be noted that the notification works seamlessly if I explicitly specify the servers in the list.

Thanks

Friday, February 14, 2014 2:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    According to the link below, if you chose Servers listed on the Name Servers tab, you do not need to manually configure the zone update notification list in Windows Server 2008 R2. You can check the Name Servers tab in the applicable zone to see if the secondary DNS server is added to it. If not, you can add manually.
    In addition, you can chose The following servers, click under IP address, type the IP address of a secondary DNS server that you want DNS notify enabled for, and then press ENTER to Add secondary servers to the zone update notification list for the zone.
    Best regards,
    Susie
    • Marked as answer by sifadil Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:59 PM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 9:43 AM