none
I have 2012 Server Standard Eval, but i ordered the wrong license Received (Std Add Lic No Key

Answers

All replies

• Please contact Microsoft license team who give better solutions to all licensing related queries.

OS Licensing:

Thank you for understanding.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, December 07, 2012 2:28 PM
  • We did not use the original sticker yet.
    Friday, December 07, 2012 3:53 PM
  • I agree with Ravikumar. Please contact MS License team.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Friday, December 07, 2012 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

I also suggest to contact Microsoft License Team directly for better support.

In addition, this article is for your reference:

Evaluation Versions and Upgrade Options for Windows Server 2012

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, December 09, 2012 6:27 PM
  • I have had contact with Support Microsoft Netherlands, they pointed at the company who sold me the License, which pointed at me at cutting the Red sticker, and which i should contact Microsoft Netherlands.

Microsoft Netherlands says, if the company will not take it back, they can do what the want, if they burn all the License its there choice ?????

But the Addtl License does not have any Key, so no use to copy ???

I just like to return the Addtl License OEM and get a normal 2012 OEM sticker with a Key !

This seems not posible by the sales agaent, and Microsoft Netherlands.

So i am stuck with a Addtl License, which you  can use if you have 4 CPU s instead of 2 CpU s

Very Disapointed....

Now i know why you see illegal software...think with your customer.....not with your guidebook.

• Edited by Hersbach Monday, December 10, 2012 9:59 AM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Microsoft does not sell OEM licenses.  It really appears that your issue is with the company from which you purchased the system.  If they are telling you to contact Microsoft, they are trying to ignore you.  Only OEMs can sell you OEM licenses. 

tim

Monday, December 10, 2012 10:45 PM
  • Hi Hersbach,

Firstly, I would say sorry about the issue.

Also, I 
    agree with Tim, which only OEM can sell OEM licenses. In addition, as our forum has limited resource for license related questions or issues, we may have to contact the company to work the issue with you. Really appreciate your understanding and hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Thank you,

I have now Microsoft Netherlands backing me up on this.

As the Addtl License does not have any Key, i can not make any copy, no use for it.

So i will keep you up to date to this, because it seems more people make the same mistake.

Microsoft should put the license in a clear plastic bag, so you can choose to open it or not.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:34 AM