none
WSUS updates downloaded - Server doesn't see them...

Question

• I haven't found this exact issue and wanted to know what some of you think would be my best options with this.

I setup a WSUS server and it was on a internet connection at first.  I told it to download all updates and the express install files.  It went ahead and put about 90GB of data and showed all the updates had completely downloaded.  I then moved the server to my internal air-gapped network.  The server was added to a domain and given a new IP.  I changed the IIS binding and removed the old WSUS connection and added the new one. It see's all the updates listed and can see my computers on my domain.  However, it now says the updates are not downloaded.  Is there a way for me to tell WSUS that they are really there?  Should I try some import/export thing from the current folder to a new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Server 2008 R2 SP1 - WSUS 3.0 SP2

Thanks!

• Edited by fillerj Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:16 PM added wsus version
    Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

> I changed the IIS binding and removed the old WSUS connection and added the new one.

What do you mean remove old WSUS connection and add new one? Where do you remove it?

> It see's all the updates listed and can see my computers on my domain.

Do you mean remove WSUS connection from Group Policy? And after apply WSUS modification, client computer has connect to WSUS?

> However, it now says the updates are not downloaded.

Who say that, client computer or WSUS server? Could you please give us a screen capture, that’s useful for troubleshooting.

Please give us feedback for further troubleshooting.

For more information please refer to following MS articles:

Configure a Disconnected Network to Receive Updates
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939873(v=ws.10).aspx#Export

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:58 AM