none
JPG at startup

Question

• Dear all,
    I have a picture, JPG, from my marketing dpt and need a way to show that at the startup.
    Is that a easy way to do it ?

Thanks a lot
    Guilherme Teles
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 4:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Guilherme Teles,

You could add your JPG under the below registry

There are 2 ways to achieve this , one way is to set this using your custom gina.dll  under

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

The second option is to set under the following location .
    HKEY_USERS\Default\controlpanel\Desktop

Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Hi Guilherme,

If the OS on your client is XP, you can change the logon background to a bitmap file.

1. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

2. In the details pane (right-side), double-click the Wallpaper string value item.

3. In Value data , type the path and name of the picture or background, and then click OK .

Note: Make sure the picture is a Bitmap.

Then, you have changed the logon Background. This will take effect when you logoff.

If it is Windows 7, you can change the logon background to a jpg file. Please refer to:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7desktop/thread/507e569b-343c-4988-8044-378453ab7cd6

Meanwhile, if you want this jpg file to be opened automatically after startup, you can use logon scripts.

Regards,

Bruce

Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:32 AM

All replies

• Do you mean you wan't this image as the background on the logon screen?
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 8:07 PM
  • I want to show that not on as wallpaper, but it could be as the background on the logon screen, or lauch some application as internet explorer..

i want to show the image, but not as wallpaper
    Guilherme Teles
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 11:52 PM
  • Hi Guilherme Teles,

You could add your JPG under the below registry

There are 2 ways to achieve this , one way is to set this using your custom gina.dll  under

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

The second option is to set under the following location .
    HKEY_USERS\Default\controlpanel\Desktop

Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Hi Guilherme,

If the OS on your client is XP, you can change the logon background to a bitmap file.

1. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

2. In the details pane (right-side), double-click the Wallpaper string value item.

3. In Value data , type the path and name of the picture or background, and then click OK .

Note: Make sure the picture is a Bitmap.

Then, you have changed the logon Background. This will take effect when you logoff.

If it is Windows 7, you can change the logon background to a jpg file. Please refer to:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7desktop/thread/507e569b-343c-4988-8044-378453ab7cd6

Meanwhile, if you want this jpg file to be opened automatically after startup, you can use logon scripts.

Regards,

Bruce

Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:32 AM
  • Thanks bruce , i missed windows 7 :)
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 9:04 AM