none
How to control the Photo screensaver settings via GPO?

Question

• We want to use photo and slideshow screensaver on XP/win7.  I am looking for a way to manage its settings via GPO.

for speed,location, and shuffle.

I know these will have to be managed seperatly as the scr is now different.  will i need a custom adm file or is there one already i am just not having luck locating?

Thanks

Don

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 4:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to enable the following settings to test:

[User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization]
    -Enable screen saver
    -Force specific screen saver
    -Screen saver timeout

Note, you may need deploy the scr file to local clients. Computer Startup script or GPP->Files extension is convenient to deploy files. If you need more help, please let us know.

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi.

You can find some settings under User Configuration/Administrative templates/Control panel/Display/
    Here you will find a setting called Screen saver and Screen saver timeout.
    You could also use preferences to set the neceserary registry keys to achive this.
    Hopes this helps.

OHM
    www.moe.am

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to enable the following settings to test:

[User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization]
    -Enable screen saver
    -Force specific screen saver
    -Screen saver timeout

Note, you may need deploy the scr file to local clients. Computer Startup script or GPP->Files extension is convenient to deploy files. If you need more help, please let us know.

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Do you need any other assistance? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Thanks.

Monday, December 13, 2010 3:10 AM