Change Network Binding Order

Question

• I just ran the DNS Best Practices Analyzer and I received the following warning: DNS: Valid network interfaces should precede invalid interfaces in the binding order.

Here's the KB article link.  I followed step 1 of the resolution until the part where it says "click Manage Network Connections"

I swear I cannot find the "Manage Network Connections" option anywhere inside of the Network and Sharing Center.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?  Obviously, I am running 2008R2.....Thanks
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:15 PM

Answers

• For the sake of everyone else's headaches...
    I found better directions at this technet forum link.

Microsoft should rewrite their directions for this one to:

1. Click Start, click Network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Change Adapter Settings.

2. Press the ALT key, click Advanced, and then click Advanced Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Click the Adapters and Bindings tab, and then, under Connections, click the connection you want to modify.

4. Under Bindings for <connection name>, select the protocol that you want to move up or down in the list, click the up or down arrow button, and then click OK.

It fails at step one since there is no Manage Network Connections that I can find in the Network and Sharing Center

• Marked as answer by Kisner_JH Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:41 PM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:41 PM