none
Give user access to network Drive attached to Server

Question

• HI,

I have MAP X: Drive to Linux Share using a Software  from my Windows File Server

Now i want this share for domain users to see? 

AS

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:38 AM

Answers

• You can't map a mapped drive. You should create a script that runs on all the pc's that need the mapping pointing directly to the linux share. Not the mapped windows drive.  as Ibrahim said, you can do this via GPO or in the logon script of the users ... 

the commando in the script should look like this.

net use * \\10.1.181.250\SFTP 

You could replace * with the drive letter of your choice like X: . Can you grant AD rights on the SMB share on linux ? then you should make sure that the users have the necessary access to the share 

Www.visionsofnight.com

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

two options, one create a script to map network drive and publish it thru GPO logon script, second use GPO Preferences, the later one is very simple but you need to install CSE on all client PCs.

regards.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:10 AM
  • HI,

How do i MAP another MAP Drive? ( I have MAP that X: using Software)

What is CSE?

AS

Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:15 AM
  • You can't map a mapped drive. You should create a script that runs on all the pc's that need the mapping pointing directly to the linux share. Not the mapped windows drive.  as Ibrahim said, you can do this via GPO or in the logon script of the users ... 

the commando in the script should look like this.

net use * \\10.1.181.250\SFTP 

You could replace * with the drive letter of your choice like X: . Can you grant AD rights on the SMB share on linux ? then you should make sure that the users have the necessary access to the share 

Www.visionsofnight.com

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:29 AM