none
Date Accessed vs Least Recently Accessed Report

Question

• Hi All,

So we are setting up quotas and sending out the reports for large files and Least Recently Accessed reports. And I have noticed two things since I activated fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0. 

1. Does the Least Recently Accessed Report use the Date Accessed attribute or some other attribute?

2. The Date Accessed attribute appears to change when you just go into that directory and list all the files. Not helpful. How do I determine when a file is actually accessed/opened/read, not just listing of the directory names? 

Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Yes it uses the date accessed attribute.

2. If date accessed attribute will be changed by go into the directory and list all files, which means date accessed attribute of all files in system are all affected when you list them --- which is not. So it should be some specific process accessed files and updated the attribute.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 08, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Thanks for the response Shaon,
    But I don't understand number 2. I open windows explorer, I go into a directory and see the list of files with an accessed date of yesterday. I go out of the directory and then back in and now all the accessed dates are changed to the current time. 

What actions should actually change the accessed date? Is there a document anywhere that explains this?

Friday, February 08, 2013 4:51 PM