none
Adding network shared folder to RemoteApps

Question

• I just set up a RemoteApps server for a client and things are working pretty well. The client wants one more thing added. Even though network shared folders are available through File/Open or File/Save in applications available in RemoteApps, the client wants one specific shared folder to appear in the list of applications when logged in to the RemoteApps website.

Is this possible? If so, how is it done?

Jonathan

Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The simplest and fastest way is to publish "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe d:" this is the recommanded way from Citrix as publish explorer.exe is not recommanded by Microsoft.

A Citrix link about this : http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX922603

There is no reason for not working in RDS...

Hope this help,

Sam

• Marked as answer by SmallBizAdmin Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:49 PM
    Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The simplest and fastest way is to publish "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe d:" this is the recommanded way from Citrix as publish explorer.exe is not recommanded by Microsoft.

Hope this help,

Sam

• Marked as answer by SmallBizAdmin Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:49 PM
    Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:02 PM
  • Create a shortcut on the server, go into RemoteApp, add a new app and point to the shortcut.

“The very concept of sin comes from the Bible. Christianity offers to solve a problem of its own making! Would you be thankful to a person who cut you with a knife in order to sell you a bandage?” ― Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist

Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Create a shortcut on the server, go into RemoteApp, add a new app and point to the shortcut.

“The very concept of sin comes from the Bible. Christianity offers to solve a problem of its own making! Would you be thankful to a person who cut you with a knife in order to sell you a bandage?” ― Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist

That didn't work. It won't accept shortcuts to shared folders or drive mappings.

Jonathan

Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:41 PM
  • Hi,

Hope this help,

Sam

That did work though I had to just add iexplore.exe at first and then edit the app's properties and add the drive mapping as a command line parameter.

I just wish I could change the icon from the blue e but there's no way to do that for the app in the collection, it's drawn from the executable.

Jonathan

Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:49 PM