none
Raid Configurations Viewer

Question

• Is there any good software out on the market that will allow you to view current raid configurations on Dell servers running Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, and 2012?

Thanks,
    Justin

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

please contact Dell about this and not Microsoft. Microsoft is NOT responsible for the other vendors hardware. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:12 PM
  • I didn't ask about hardware. I asked if anyone knew of any good SOFTWARE to use on Dell server running MICROSOFT server software.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:21 PM
  • Let me explain a little better.

I have heard that Microsoft used to have a "Raid monitoring utility" but I have been unable to find anything of that nature........hence the posting in a Microsoft forum.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:24 PM
  • Hello Justin,

You probably might want to try the Dell iDRAC 6 or 7 as this might be the best as it is shipped by Dell.

Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE,MCC View my MCP Certifications

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:24 PM
  • If you have Dell's OpenManage Server Administrator installed, it'll allow you to view the Hardware RAID array configuration(s), amongst items of the server. I don't know of an exclusive application to monitor/read HW RAID controllers though... To my experience, it's usually up to the manufacture to produce tools for Windows.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:56 PM