none
syssetup.dll failed. error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed

Question

• Windows 2003 Standard edition R2 /w service pack 2 (x86 32-bit) on Dell PowerEdge 2900
    Can't load any new drivers for scsi, PERC, tapedrive. Get "Windows could not load the installer for" whatever device I'm trying to load.
    SetupAPI.log has #E144 Loading module "C:\WINDOWS\system32\syssetup.dll" failed. Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
    Motherboard, PERC 5/i, SAS backplane have all been updated to latest bios.
    Replaced syssetup.dll, sfcfiles.dll, storprop.dll rebooted, and tried regsrv32 to re-register but it failed too.
    • Moved by Vincent HuModerator Thursday, July 09, 2009 6:35 AM windows server 2003 issue (From:Server Core)
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that you have some system files corrupted. I recommend that you have a in-place installation to repaire the system.

Best regards,
    Vincent Hu

Thursday, July 09, 2009 6:42 AM
  • hi there,

in-line with vincent suggestion , please do run sfc.exe utility and check if that helps
    sainath !analyze
    Friday, July 10, 2009 11:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that you have some system files corrupted. I recommend that you have a in-place installation to repaire the system.

Best regards,
    Vincent Hu

Thursday, July 09, 2009 6:42 AM
  • hi there,

in-line with vincent suggestion , please do run sfc.exe utility and check if that helps
    sainath !analyze
    Friday, July 10, 2009 11:30 AM