none
any issue with this message?

Question

• Hi all,

Two Window 2008 R2 SP1 with RDSH, RD Web, RD broker and RD Gateway installed

one farm with these two servers; DNS round robin for the farm: in the RD web configuration, I only can specify localhost as remoteapp source for exch RDSH; I publish remote desktop in the RD Web.

But sometimes, if I click remoteapp program to access and also try to open remotedesktop in the RD Web, I got the following message as the screen shot:

What caused to get this message? 

Thank you for your help.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:18 PM

All replies

• Is this occuring with every connection attempt, or at random?

I've seen this from time to time on 2008-R2 servers and find that it's usually caused by either high CPU utilization, or a large number of connection attempts occuring at one time.

I'd start by rebooting the server to see if this resolves the problem, and from there, gather some performance metrics to try and determine the cause.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:47 PM
  • >Is this occuring with every connection attempt, or at random?

at random.  It seems it happened when in the RD web, you click "remote desktop" to access while other "remoteapp Programs" have opened.

BTW, what's the default time out for RD web connection?  Also, "Restrict each user to a single session" does not apply to the RD web rempteapp programs as I can open Excel and word and remote desktop at the same time?

Thank you.

Friday, February 24, 2012 3:58 PM
  • fortunately, I have no experience with RemoteApp.  All my heartburn comes from Citrix Xenapp.
    Monday, February 27, 2012 8:39 PM