none
Linux Hangs on Loading... Screen

Question

•  

I've read through all the linux tutorials I could find and I'm still not sure what to do.  When I create a new VM and boot to my OpenSuse iso, it gets to the ISOLINUX 3.31 screen and says "Loading..." with a blinking cursor and will not get past that point.  I have no place to enter in anything.  I've read the integration components "read me" and it only refers to passing video options once the boot loader comes up.  I'm using the newest RC of Datacenter with the newest Hyper-V.  Any help would be great, thanks.

Mike

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:56 PM

Answers

• Can you try using SuSE Enterprise of RedHat / Fedora?

Cheers,

Ben

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:34 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Can you try using SuSE Enterprise of RedHat / Fedora?

Cheers,

Ben

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:34 PM
    Owner
  • Hi i get the same issue with OpenSuse 10.3. Debian Etch installed fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

Sunday, March 30, 2008 1:04 PM
  •  mikedean wrote:

I've read through all the linux tutorials I could find and I'm still not sure what to do.  When I create a new VM and boot to my OpenSuse iso, it gets to the ISOLINUX 3.31 screen and says "Loading..." with a blinking cursor and will not get past that point.  I have no place to enter in anything.  I've read the integration components "read me" and it only refers to passing video options once the boot loader comes up.  I'm using the newest RC of Datacenter with the newest Hyper-V.  Any help would be great, thanks.

Mike

May be THIS help for you. This is solution for a problem whith Ubuntu 7.10  + HYPER-V RC0 2008 Server (ISOLINUX 3.31 Wink )
    Friday, April 18, 2008 3:35 PM
  • Ok. This topic is close Wink . find all string "GFXBOOT" on you boot cd or ISO image in the file isolinux.cfg with lISOLINUX and COMMENT them! After that rebuild ISO and may USE this disk with HYPER-V and other virtualitations program Smile

P/S Sorry for my bad english
    Friday, April 18, 2008 3:58 PM