none
Remote Desktop Management Service, Service-specific error %%2284126209

Question

• Remote Desktop Management Service fails with service-specific error %%2284126209

Environment is Server 2012 RC running under 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V using the downloaded VHD. VHD is base level except that the server has been dcpromo'd to a standalone forest and domain, and Windows Update has been run

Please advise where I start looking?

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:22 PM

Answers

• I am running into the same issue.  I have the reason is that the "Remote Desktop Management" Service run as "Network Service".  It attempts to login to the Local WID Database with this account.  The problem is that The Network Service does not have rights to the Embedded Database, and I am unable to add the account (since it is a DC and you cannot browse local accounts).

I am going to try changing the service to run as a domain account.

• Marked as answer by Q.Q Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:59 AM
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:33 PM

All replies

• Same problem for me, but on physical machine!
    I have tried reinstalled Remote Desktop Services without any success :(

Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:47 PM
  • I am running into the same issue.  I have the reason is that the "Remote Desktop Management" Service run as "Network Service".  It attempts to login to the Local WID Database with this account.  The problem is that The Network Service does not have rights to the Embedded Database, and I am unable to add the account (since it is a DC and you cannot browse local accounts).

I am going to try changing the service to run as a domain account.

• Marked as answer by Q.Q Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:59 AM
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:33 PM
  • I tried again today with DC role on a separate machine, no difference.
    Procedure:
    Installing the machines, configure IP-settings, join domain, restart, adding roles.
    not working this time either.

Running 3 VM in Hyper-V

DC01 - Connection Broker
    TS1 - RDSH RemoteApp
    TS2 - RDSH
    Saturday, June 09, 2012 8:07 AM
  • To Brett,

Thanks for the hint. Created a domain service account, updated all the Remote Desktop and RemoteApp services that ran under \NetworkService to run under the service account, from secpol.msc Local Policies, User Rights Assignment assigned the same rights to the service account that were assigned to \NetworkService, re-booted, and the service started

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:59 AM
  • To Brett,

Thanks for the hint. Created a domain service account, updated all the Remote Desktop and RemoteApp services that ran under \NetworkService to run under the service account, from secpol.msc Local Policies, User Rights Assignment assigned the same rights to the service account that were assigned to \NetworkService, re-booted, and the service started

Hi Q.Q & Brett,

I am running into the same issue but have no real idea how to solve it. I can understand Bretts hint but need further instructions in how to create a new domain service account and what exactly has to be done in the security policies. I am just using this setup for a project at university so I don no have any Microsoft certificates :(.  Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Remote Desktop Management service should have no problem starting when set to use the Network Service account, which is the way it is set by default.

I noticed you are using the RC build.  Can you reproduce this problem on an RTM build?

Don Geddes - SR Support Escalation Engineer - Remote Desktop Services - Printing and Imaging

Friday, October 12, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Remote Desktop Management service should have no problem starting when set to use the Network Service account, which is the way it is set by default.

I noticed you are using the RC build.  Can you reproduce this problem on an RTM build?

Don Geddes - SR Support Escalation Engineer - Remote Desktop Services - Printing and Imaging

Yes, i have the same error on the RTM.
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 8:13 PM
  • I have the same problem on our AD 2012, no success, and I've gave up on it. However, on another member server 2012, with domain admin logon, it works fine.
    Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:13 PM