none
ie settings gpo?

Question

• I'm trying to find the favorites and automatically detect configuration settings setting in server 2012 gpo under user/policies/admin templates/windows components/ ie but i can't see it 
    Monday, June 18, 2012 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Would you please let me know what are the detailed Group Policy settings that you want to find?

Windows Server 2012 RC with Internet Explorer 10 deprecates Internet Explorer Maintenance (IEM) in favor of a more robust tool called Group Policy Preferences. Administrators can also use Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) to configure specific settings. The following Microsoft TechNet article shows the settings that are available in Internet Explorer Maintenance, along with how these settings can be managed in Group Policy Preferences or IEAK.

Internet Explorer Maintenance Replacements

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh846772.aspx

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:07 AM

All replies

• no one? has ms removed it?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please let me know what are the detailed Group Policy settings that you want to find?

Windows Server 2012 RC with Internet Explorer 10 deprecates Internet Explorer Maintenance (IEM) in favor of a more robust tool called Group Policy Preferences. Administrators can also use Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) to configure specific settings. The following Microsoft TechNet article shows the settings that are available in Internet Explorer Maintenance, along with how these settings can be managed in Group Policy Preferences or IEAK.

Internet Explorer Maintenance Replacements

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh846772.aspx

Regards,

Arthur Li

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:07 AM
  • I'm trying to add default favourites and set automatically detect configuration settings 
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:13 AM
  • It looks to me like the information in http://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh846772.aspx is not valid for the RC.  The IEAK for IE10 is not available yet.

For now you can accomplish what you want via “User Configuration\Preferences\Windows Settings\Shortcuts”.  Note that while you can do something like "Microsoft\Bing" as the name, the folder Microsoft will not be removed automatically if you delete the URL preference (at least not as part of this rule).

Right Click New Shortcut

General Tab

Name:

Bing

Target type:

URL

Explorer Favorites

Target URL:

bing.com

Common Tab

Remove this item when it is no longer applied

Checkmark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin Lanei

• Edited by Devin Lanei Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:04 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:49 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Arthur Li

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:26 AM
  • any news on this? Still can't find it :( I have the 9200 build 
    • Edited by cinek12 Monday, October 15, 2012 4:05 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 4:02 PM
  • bump! 
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:31 PM