none
Restore adlds instance that belongs to a configuration set on another machine

Question

• Hello,

Here is what I'm trying to achieve. I have in prod environment 2 machines with Adlds, having their adlds instances replicated. On this adlds environment there is an app partition. I want to take one of the instances and restore it in the test environment (in test env there is only one adlds machine, no replication).

Tried to backup with dbdsutil.exe copy on the test machine, start the instance.  The instance starts, the application partition is running, but I can't load the configuration partition. In event viewer appears an error like this:

Event ID 2351

The directory server has failed to update the host name and/or ports information for this service on the following remote server. This operation will be retried. Other directory servers in this configuration set (if any) will be unable to replicate changes from this directory server until this change is performed and replicated to them.

Additional Data

Target DSA object:

CN=NTDS Settings,CN=servername,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,CN={FB3C044D-2AE7-43CD-BD90-E9E57A759B5F}

Error value:

1772 The list of RPC servers available for the binding of auto handles has been exhausted.

Internal ID:

32b0b46

Also tried this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732853(v=ws.10).aspx 

BIG Thanks in advance.

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:38 PM

Answers

All replies