Windows 2008 Server 0xc000014c error

Question

• hello,

when i boot up my win 2008 i get this error 

"0xc000014c. Info: Windows failed to load because the system registryfile is missing, or corrupt"

unfortunately i have no backup image to restore my computer is their anyway i can revive my windows...i dont want to lose my MOSS installation beacuse of new installation...is their anyway i can copy this single registry file into the system folder or any other way ?

my windows installation is on a VPC

please help...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hello,

check out the following way:

You can boot to the Windows Server 2008 and choose the repair in the lower left hand corner of the screen.  this should open a CMD prompt.
    From here you can run sfc and use the offline options,
    /OFFBOOTDIR     For offline repair specify the location of the offline boot directory
    /OFFWINDIR      For offline repair specify the location of the offline windows directory

From: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/cd3d665f-3d95-4617-946d-55d8c03448fe

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by talhak Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

check out the following way:

You can boot to the Windows Server 2008 and choose the repair in the lower left hand corner of the screen.  this should open a CMD prompt.
    From here you can run sfc and use the offline options,
    /OFFBOOTDIR     For offline repair specify the location of the offline boot directory
    /OFFWINDIR      For offline repair specify the location of the offline windows directory

From: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/cd3d665f-3d95-4617-946d-55d8c03448fe

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by talhak Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:07 AM
  • thanks a lot this solved my issue...
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:17 AM