I am currently seeing lots of entries in the Windows 'Application' logs, copied below. There have been nearly 1,000 such events in the last 30 minutes.
It may be a coincidence that these seem to have started shortly after I blocked several ip ranges (from China and Ukraine) from where large numbers of connections were originating that were trying to access terminal serves and sql server.
Could anybody shed any light on what these mean ?
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
These files may be available here:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 863aa02d-1029-11e0-a8d9-485b398a0a6c
Report Status: 0
This tool may sort it.
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
which OS version are you talking about? All i found about this problems where Client OS versions.
Please check the machine with the system update readiness tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
Most of the time only a restore to a previous state was the solution.
Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
This means you have issue with the servicing (installing updates, features or roles).
Zip the Attached files:
and upload the zip to your public SkyDrive  folder and post a link here.
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
Please provide us more information on the error. Where did you see the errors? What is the OS version? Did you encounter other issues?
Please run the System Update Readiness Tool first for troubleshooting. If the issue persists, you can check the results in Clean Boot mode.
Boot into Clean Boot environment to check the result
1. Click "Start", click “Run” and type "msconfig" to start the System Configuration Utility.
2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray).
3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".
4. Restart your computer. If the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the box and click "OK".
Does the error occur in this mode?
If it does not help, please check firewall settings or disable firewall on the problematic PC to as a test.
If the issue persists, please help gather the following files for research:
Event Log on the problematic PC
1. Click "Start", click “Run”, input "eventvwr" and press Enter.
2. Expand the "Windows Logs" node on the left pane, right-click on "Application" and click "Save All Events As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click save.
3. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".
4. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us.
Upload these file to the following workspace.
You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")
Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Find answers with extreme efficiency - Sweet Search keeps your google results on the left and loads them on the right, allowing you to rifle through them like nothing else! http://bit.ly/sweetsearch2 Need the blazing fast and secure Chrome browser? http://www.google.com/chrome