none
WSUS and approve updates

Question

• Hi all,

i have installed a new 2012 and wsus in my domain. I have a one OU with one test client (W7) within this OU. Now Im trying to understand to work with WSUS.

After some updates i have installed on my client the client says windows is uptodate now. But if i take look in my wsus I see lot of update for W7 for example KB2345886 in the critical Updates with "not approved" in the Approved status bar.

I have enabled an "Automatic Approvals" with this options: 

When an updates is in a spicif classification: Critical,Difinition, Security Updates and just Updates

When an updates is in a spicific product: all client OS's

and "Approve the Updates for "Clients". Within the clients group i have my test client.

Not sure why this update is not approved automaticly

Any ideas?

thanks to all

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:04 PM

Answers

• not sure what should looking for?

just checked both logs on the client and wsus no error. I think i have only configure something wrong on my wsus

If i approve one of this updates it will installed on the client, what Im not understandig why wsus do not approve this updates automaticly ?

or i missundertood the "automatic approvals"? I meen if I anable it, the updates should be approved by wsus? or i have to approve the by my self?
    • Edited by homermg Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by homermg Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:53 PM

All replies

• Look at the WindowsUpdate.log (in the Windows folder) and see what it says about the updates.
    • Proposed as answer by Adil Rathore Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:29 PM
  • not sure what should looking for?

just checked both logs on the client and wsus no error. I think i have only configure something wrong on my wsus

If i approve one of this updates it will installed on the client, what Im not understandig why wsus do not approve this updates automaticly ?

or i missundertood the "automatic approvals"? I meen if I anable it, the updates should be approved by wsus? or i have to approve the by my self?
    • Edited by homermg Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by homermg Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Am 15.01.2013 schrieb homermg:

I meen if I anable it, the updates should be approved by wsus? or i have to approve the by my self?

Yes, but only for new updates. Not for existing Updates.

Winfried

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb332157.aspx
    http://www.wsuswiki.com/Home

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:31 PM
  • i see, i can ran the chenaged settings by my self again :-) cool now it works.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:34 AM