none
Copy Files and Folders with GP Preferences

Question

• Hi. I am trying to copy a folder with files and subfolders to a group of Windows 7 Enterprise computers using the Computer Configuration - Preferences - Windows Settings - Files. The files are on a server share and the configuration is as follows:

Source File(s): \\server\Share\Folder\*.*

Destination Folder: C:\Folder\

The files that are in the "Folder" directory copy successfully to the destination, but any subfolders do not. Of course, I could create multiple entries for each subfolder, but this obviously is not a solution that scales well. Is this not supported using this feature or I am missing something? Thanks.

Monday, May 10, 2010 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The GPO preferences files mechanism doesn't support this type of copy operation. You would need to use a script to accomplish this. The script could be triggered by various group policy controlled mechanisms such as login script, scheduled task, etc.

Thanks,

Guy

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The GPO preferences files mechanism doesn't support this type of copy operation. You would need to use a script to accomplish this. The script could be triggered by various group policy controlled mechanisms such as login script, scheduled task, etc.

Thanks,

Guy

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:37 PM
  • So it just doesn't work that way. I'll prepare a script then. Thanks for your answer.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 5:39 PM