none
forgot my administrator password in windows 7

Question

• sir ,

i have forgot my administrator password in windows 7 .

how can i easily solve that problem ?

and my data is so importanat .

so pls. help and solve this problem .

Friday, October 01, 2010 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you forgot the password of system, the official answer is NO, there is no way to get the password back. However, if you have other user account who has Administrator right, such as Domain Admin account if the computer joins domain, you may try to use this user account to login to the computer and then reset the local administrator password. If no, you have to reinstall the system.

By the way, you can unplug the hard disk and then connect it to another computer to back up your data in C: drive, reinstallation will not affect the data in other drive if you don’t format them.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Monday, October 04, 2010 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you forgot the password of system, the official answer is NO, there is no way to get the password back. However, if you have other user account who has Administrator right, such as Domain Admin account if the computer joins domain, you may try to use this user account to login to the computer and then reset the local administrator password. If no, you have to reinstall the system.

By the way, you can unplug the hard disk and then connect it to another computer to back up your data in C: drive, reinstallation will not affect the data in other drive if you don’t format them.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Monday, October 04, 2010 2:34 AM
  • Forgot or lost Windows 7 password? try to reset Windows 7 password with SmartKey Windows Password Recovery , one of whose functions is to recover windows password for Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7. ect. This windows password recovery tool is based on friendly GUI, even a computer novice can control the whole process freely. Besides,SmartKey Windows Password Recovery saves a lot trouble. It helps to create a windows password reset CD, with which, you can remove the admin password even you have logged out the computer, yet no reinstalling, no data loss!
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:26 AM
  • NO I DO NOT  THING SO.....
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:59 AM
  • you can use ophcrack to get your password

kon-boot is also very good to login

Thursday, January 05, 2012 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

First, you should back up your important data.

"By the way, you can unplug the hard disk and then connect it to another computer to back up your data in C: drive, reinstallation will not affect the data in other drive if you don’t format them."

Or

Use WinPE boot disk to boot your computer and backup your data.

How to create a WinPE boot disk to maintain your windows.

Second, If you don't want to reinstall system, you can try these password tool to reset or recover your windows password.

Chntpw, Ophcrack, kon-boot.

See http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/technicalqueries/thread/437d4a77-bf3b-4135-a44a-77fed2a0b85a

• Edited by ChairsNJ Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:02 PM Add more information
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:57 PM
  •  

I also add my answer here too.

If forget the password of your windows, the most important thing is backup important data, and then try to recover the lost password.

1. Reset windows password with windows password reset disk. If have a windows password reset disk, you can reset password easy and lose nothing.

1.1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.

1.2. Click Reset password, and then insert your windows password reset disk (or other removable media).

1.3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.

1.4. Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-to-do-if-you-forget-your-Windows-password

2. backup data

Use WinPE boot disk to boot your computer and backup your data.

How to create a WinPE boot disk to maintain your windows."

3. If you haven't created a windows 7 password reset disk before, you can use Spower Windows Password Reset (SWPR) to recover your forgotten password in few steps:

Step 1: Download and install Spower Windows Password Reset.

Step 2: Create a CD/DVD or USB password reset boot disk with SWPR.

Step 3: Boot your computer from password reset boot disk.

Step 4: Recover the forgotten password for administrator account.

Have Questions About Windows 7 password? Forgot windows password, how to reset
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:53 AM
  • Windows Login Recovery Professional can help you create a windows 7 password reset disk to remove your windows 7 password quickly and safely.

How it works:
    1. Download and install Windows Login Recovery in any computer.
    2. Burn a bootable Windows password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB drive.
    3. Boot the target computer from the burned disk.
    4. Reset forgotten password by following the Windows Login Recovery instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lssa6lz0aBM&feature=youtu.be

Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:54 AM
  • If you have an account with admin privileges, you can reset windows 7 password with another account.
    1: Login your PC with an user account which has administrator privileges.
    2. Click Start, type "lusrmgr.msc" in the Search box and press "Enter" key.
    3. Open "Users" and then right-click a user account which you want to reset its password and select "Set Password".
    • Proposed as answer by michele36 Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:55 PM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:53 PM
  • I just come across an article that presents three methods of resetting Windows 7 password. It should be helpful for you. Check it out at HERE.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Hi,  If you forgot your password of windows try the below steps

Create a Windows Password Recovery CD Disk

To reset windows 7 password, you have to create a windows password recovery disk with CD -ROM. Here I will tell you a very simple way to create a Windows password recovery CD disk. So you can insert into your locked computer and reset windows 7 administrator password.

Requirements:

A blank CD
    A software called Pakeysoft Windows Password Recovery
    Just need 4 steps to reset windows 7 password:

Download the Pakeysoft Windows Password Recovery software and install it.
    Launch Windows Password Recovery and create a windows password recovery bootable CD to make the application Bootable. All this steps should be done on any computer you have access to.
    Go to you locked computer and insert the Bootable Windows password recovery CD disk you just created.
    Reboot the locked computer and follow the instructions to reset forgotten windows 7 administrator password.

Warm Regards, Niraj Mehta

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:38 AM
  • If you are on the verge of formatting your pc, then insert an UBUNTU OS disk and open in "TRY IT" mode. After ubuntu boots, backup all you important data on a pendrive.  Remove the disk and then format it.
    Monday, June 04, 2012 12:31 PM
  • If you forgot your windows administrator password, you can find the article: 4 best and efficient methods for Windows 7 password recovery.

Hope this article can help your solve your windows 7 password problem. 

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:42 AM
  •  can you possibly send a restart password as i tried to change my password because i keep getting hacked my old password was %barretta*&^ and tried to change it to &*wingnut+^% and would not take and would not let me go back to the old i would like to get logged out and have get another hotmail account....please advise....thanks in advance
    Tuesday, September 04, 2012 11:43 PM
  • What is kon-boot?
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:53 PM
  • Method One: Using Windows 7 password reset disk when you forgot Windows 7 password.

It is advisable to create the password reset disk prior to forgetting the password that is an easy and free way to regain access to your Windows. You just need to create it once no matter how many times you change your password and it is very simple to create a Windows 7 password reset disk. What a pity that majority of the users have not do that at all and forgot the only one administrator password. If you have created one, follow the steps to reset password:

Step 1. Login with incorrect password you will see a link to reset password.
    Step 2. Insert your reset disk and click Reset Password.
    Step 3. Password Reset Wizard appears, click NEXT to continue and complete the rest of procedure.

Method Two: If you haven’t created a reset disk. A copy of Windows 7 installation disk is your savior. You just need a simple command line trick.

Step 1. Boot the computer using the installation disk. When the following screen appears, click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left-hand corner.
    Step 2. Click Command Prompt.
    Step 3. When a screen of Command Prompt appears, type "copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe" and press Enter. And then also type "copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe" afterwards press Enter key. When it ask you wether to continue, type Yes and press Enter.
    Step 4. Restart your computer. On the logon screen, tap Shift key five times and you'll see a command prompt in administrator mode, and you can reset password now. Type "net user UserName NewPassword" (replace the UserName and UserPassword with yours) and press Enter key. Close the window and then you can login Windows 7 with new password.

Method Three: Using Password Recovery Program when forgot Windows 7 password

In this method, need to load a small program and burn it to a CD/USB Flash Drive on another available. Boot your locked computer from it, then  reset any admin/user password offline.

If you'd like to read more about this method: Recover Windows 7/Vista/XP Password without data loss.

These these methods will remain all your data and settings, you can try.

Windows 7 Password Recovery - Recover All Versions of Windows 7 Password without Losing Data. Windows Password Recovery - Recover Any Lost Windows Password.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:09 AM
  • I don't think you can fix it because i got the same problem 
    Friday, December 28, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Vincent;

Why can't reset my hotmail account password since I cannot log in?

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:28 AM
  • I will try it

Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:07 PM
  • Reset disk or software you can consider.
    Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:06 AM
  • Easiest way:

1. Take disk out.

2. Rename C:\windows\system32\sethc.exe to old_sethc.exe

3. Rename C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe to sethc.exe

4. Put disk in.

5. Boot machine.

6. Press SHIFT 5 times.

7. Type: net user (admin_username) (new_password)

8. Close command box.

9. Login with new password.

10. Revert file name changes to reflect normal CMD.exe & SETHC.exe

11. Test sticky keys still works.

12. Done!

Need more help?

Google It!

"Sticky Keys Exploit"

Kind Regards,

Adam

• Proposed as answer by ikillyou000 Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:34 PM
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:34 PM
  • I can recover your forgotten password. come to us at http://www.our-techs.com

No Data Loss

Monday, September 23, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Locked out of my HP laptop in safe mode, and cannot access finger print verification or Admin profile!?
    I was trying to remove some malware from my wife's computer. In order to do so I had to restart the computer in safe mode. The problem is that she had it locked with a password and finger print access, but because she always used her finger, she never bothered learning the password. Now in safe mode, the finger print option no longer works. Because I could not access the safe mode option through the F8 during restart, I had to go to system configuration, boot, and change it to Safe. Now, I can't manage to get it back to regular mode and I am locked out of it. Can anyone help me unlock HP Windows 7 password? The laptop is an HP with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:23 AM
  • how can you install a file on a laptop that doesn't allow you get past the "login" screen? Except you have a solution to that, then I don't see how this solution will solve the problem...are people thinking up-side down these days?

• Edited by Morganie Saturday, July 12, 2014 2:13 PM
    Saturday, July 12, 2014 2:12 PM