none
The requested FSMO operation failed. The Current FSMO holder could not be contacted

Question

• Hola gracias a todos por su interes, al intentar esta operacion en un DC con Windows 2003: 

Transfer the Schema Master Role

Me devuelve el mensaje 

"The requested FSMO operation failed. The Current FSMO holder could not be contacted"

Entiendo que no puede contactar al DC primario, el problema es que ese equipo se rompió y no hay forma de restaurarlo, alguien sabe como delegar las FSMO y demás funciones al DC secundario o a otro nuevo servidor.

Desde ya muchas gracias

Monday, May 27, 2013 9:10 PM

Answers

• Have you transferred the roles properly? Also you need to re-configure the new PDC.

Regards
    Biswajit Biswas

My Blogs|TechnetWiki Ninja

Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:22 AM
  • Hello,

assure that the console is connected to the DC that should become the schema master and NOT to the current machine holding the FSMO role.

If that doesn't help please give more details about the setup from your domain in English language as this forum is in English. Otherwise please change to a Spanish version.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• Have you transferred the roles properly? Also you need to re-configure the new PDC.

Regards
    Biswajit Biswas

My Blogs|TechnetWiki Ninja

Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:22 AM
  • Hello,

assure that the console is connected to the DC that should become the schema master and NOT to the current machine holding the FSMO role.

If that doesn't help please give more details about the setup from your domain in English language as this forum is in English. Otherwise please change to a Spanish version.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:45 PM