none
logon problems

Question

• I have a logon problem. I set up a guest account and when I go logon with the user name and password I get the following message.

Here is my local policies.

What am I doing wrong? I can log in if I am part of the Administrator group. 

Saturday, April 06, 2013 1:10 PM

Answers

• If a domain group policy has defined the policy settings on the domain server then the corresponding local group policy option will be grayed out.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by mad_hatter40 Sunday, April 07, 2013 12:54 PM
    Saturday, April 06, 2013 4:25 PM

All replies

• We can't read this.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 06, 2013 1:52 PM
  • It says "

You cannot log on because method you are using is not allowed on this computer. Please see your network administrator for more information.

"

Saturday, April 06, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Click Start, click Run, type secpol.msc, and then click OK.
     Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
     In the right pane, double-click Allow logon locally. Make sure that the user or group is listed.
     Click OK.
     In the right pane, double-click Deny logon locally. Make sure that the user or group is not listed, and then click OK.
     Close the Local Security Settings snap-in.

This one may also help.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771009.aspx

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, April 06, 2013 3:10 PM
  • When I get to the "Local Security Setting" the option to "Add User or Group" is grayed out. I am logged in as an administrator, this is why I'm a little confused.
    Saturday, April 06, 2013 4:20 PM
  • If a domain group policy has defined the policy settings on the domain server then the corresponding local group policy option will be grayed out.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

• Marked as answer by mad_hatter40 Sunday, April 07, 2013 12:54 PM
    Saturday, April 06, 2013 4:25 PM