none
Restrict certain clients dhcp access within certain times of the days

Question

• I have used DHCP filters/deny to deny certian wireless devices network access via their MAC address's.

Now i am wondering how i can enable/disable the Deny on that filter via a gpo.

for instance....

I want to have iPad users that access the network during the day and then deny these devices at night time.  I do have other wireless devices that need to stay enable all the time.

is there a way to enable/disable the filter in the DHCP based on time of day?

thanks,

Brian

Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have used DHCP filters/deny to deny certian wireless devices network access via their MAC address's.

Now i am wondering how i can enable/disable the Deny on that filter via a gpo.

for instance....

I want to have iPad users that access the network during the day and then deny these devices at night time.  I do have other wireless devices that need to stay enable all the time.

is there a way to enable/disable the filter in the DHCP based on time of day?

thanks,

Brian

• Merged by Tiger Li Friday, March 09, 2012 8:06 AM
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting here.

Not a perfect solution can restrict by device type with current NPS and DHCP service base on my knowledge but if we can collect MAC addresses of all iPad devices we have maybe we can create a network policy in NPS and specified conditions : MAC address (Called Station ID) and Day and time:

Network Policy Conditions Properties
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731220(WS.10).aspx

NAP Enforcement Exemption for Printers and other Network Appliances
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/teamdhcp/archive/2008/06/15/nap-enforrcement-exemption-for-printers-and-other-network-appliances.aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Tiger Li Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:45 AM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 8:16 AM