none
Can I use ntbackup.exe utility in Windows 7 to create new backup files?

Question

• Is it necessary to enable RSM to use ntbackup.exe utility in Windows 7 and can we restore XP backup files in Windows 7 without doing this?

I am confused here! Is there anyone who suggest me?

Christina Marley

Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:32 AM

Answers

•             Hi,

Well, you don’t need to nervous about this problem. Last time I also faced these critical circumstances then with the support of my friend recommendation I knew that it is possible to restore NTBackup utility in windows 7. Just download these two files and install your system in same folder where NTBackup.exe is present.

These files are following here.

1.  ntmsapi.dll
       2.  vssapi.dll

If you run NTBackup.exe without these two modules, these errors would pop-up.

The program can’t start because NTMSAPI.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. The ordinal 3 could not be located in the dynamic link library VSSAPI.DLL

Thus in this way you can easily recover your valuable database in windows 7. Apart from this if you get any backup corruption issues like “The backup files contain unrecognized data and cannot be used” then use BKF Recovery Tool only time get aware it’s exceptional features and restore XP BKF file in Windows 7 and Windows Vista. BKF repair tool is specially designed to keep in mind all user requirement and their corruption issues. So don’t have any doubt its performance.

Best Regards,

Jack Marin

Friday, September 21, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Thanks Jack marin for providing me such useful information.
    Friday, September 21, 2012 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft has made available the Windows NT Backup Restore Utility for Windows 7 in the form of a hotfix, that will restore the Windows 2003 NTBackup images (.BKF) in a Windows 7 PC. You can get more information from the  following link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=974674

You can apply this hotfix, then test your issue again.

Best regards,

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:06 AM
  • Thanks Jeff for providing me such information. As I read this information in morning but I am still unable to find the exact option to do this.

Friday, September 21, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Thanks Jack marin for providing me such useful information.
    Friday, September 21, 2012 10:46 AM