none
Active directory replication issue,there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Question

• There are many domain controllers at different sites in our environment...Domain name is rdigest.com...There is one domain controller at swindon site.on which if i create any account or do any configuration changes like changes in the sites and services.it will not replicate to other sites domain controllers.After two days when i checked on other DCs then that change was there..Don't know how does it happened because just before checking that on othere  DCs..it used the one cross site replication option of Replmon tool to replicate the configuration partion of this faulty Dcs..May be because of that his change happened..

I tell you some errors about this DC.First when i run replmon tool on any other DCs for which this faulty DC is the default connection object,,it shows the cross red sign on the faulty DC and in the right pane of this windows it says Replication failure : There are no end points available to the end point mapper.
    when i ran repadmin /replicate ukswd3k02 distinguished name of source dc distinguished name of partion to be replicated.....It gives same error There are no end points available to the end point mapper.also it says debindsync() fail 1753 i think .
    When i ran repadmin /replsum /bysrc..then it shows all the Dcs fine but only after this faulty DC it says largest delta as 6 days  14 hours and error 1753....
    when i run dcdiag then it only shows sysvol errors but in the file event log there are lot of the errors like..this there is insufficient site connectivity topology information in the sites and services....
    Kcc is running fine ..if i run repadmin /bind faulty dc name then it says successfull..i deleted connection objects and ran this command all the default connection objcts were back confirming that the kcc is running fine.

I performed  dcdiag and netdiag only except some sysvol error nothing came up....
    when i try to replicate any partion from any other DC to faulty dc it happens successfully, on the contrary when i replicate any partion from the faulty dc to other dc it end up sayiing there are no more endpoints available from the end point mapper and also it gives debindsysnc() fails error...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:18 PM

Answers

• The article I referenced earlier provides suggestions how you can try to address the issue (section How to resolve RPC Endpoint Mapper errors). Have you tried ALL of them?

hth
    Marcin
    • Marked as answer by devdeep arora Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:24 AM
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 7:20 PM

All replies

• Start by reviewing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839880 (How to resolve RPC Endpoint Mapper errors) and let us know if any of them provides a resolution to the issue you are experiencing)

hth
    Marcin
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:16 PM
  • Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:19 PM
  • HI Marcin..
    i did use all the tools provided here.. to investigate that is this the really issue with "RPC because error says no enspoints available from the endpoint mapper..

When i use dcdiag it does not give me error like this document says:If RPC Endpoint Mapper problems exist, the Dcdiag tool may respond with error messages that are similar to the following:
    The replication generated an error (1753): There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. :::::::::::::::::::::::   No such error reported.

When i run Netdiag it does not give me error like which is mentioned in the document:If RPC Endpoint Mapper problems exist, the Netdiag tool may respond with error messages that are similar to the following:
    [WARNING] Failed to query SPN registration on DC domaincontroller.domainname.com.

Kerberos test. . . . . . . . . . . : Skipped Your logon domain isn't running Kerberos. (<Domainname>\Administrator) Kerberos cannot be tested.
    DC list test . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed [WARNING] Cannot call DsBind to domaincontroller.domainname.intranet (10.55.0.110). [EPT_S_NOT_REGISTERED]:::::::::::::::No such error

So how can i say this error line "there are no endpoints available from the end points from the endpoint mapper" points to the RPC issue.........

Suppose if i agree this is the RPC issue..then how can i resolve this ....On the DC there is one only service named remote procedure call which is running...and no more logs exist in the event log related to RPC
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:04 AM
  • Hi Syed

i did use all the tools provided here.. to investigate that is this the really issue with "RPC because error says no enspoints available from the endpoint mapper..

When i use dcdiag it does not give me error like this document says:If RPC Endpoint Mapper problems exist, the Dcdiag tool may respond with error messages that are similar to the following:
    The replication generated an error (1753): There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. :::::::::::::::::::::::   No such error reported.

When i run Netdiag it does not give me error like which is mentioned in the document:If RPC Endpoint Mapper problems exist, the Netdiag tool may respond with error messages that are similar to the following:
    [WARNING] Failed to query SPN registration on DC domaincontroller.domainname.com.

Kerberos test. . . . . . . . . . . : Skipped Your logon domain isn't running Kerberos. (<Domainname>\Administrator) Kerberos cannot be tested.
    DC list test . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed [WARNING] Cannot call DsBind to domaincontroller.domainname.intranet (10.55.0.110). [EPT_S_NOT_REGISTERED]:::::::::::::::No such error

So how can i say this error line "there are no endpoints available from the end points from the endpoint mapper" points to the RPC issue.........

Suppose if i agree this is the RPC issue..then how can i resolve this ....On the DC there is one only service named remote procedure call which is running...and no more logs exist in the event log related to RPC

This is also the error message we are getting on the faulty DC which is ukswd3k02

Summary: [AD - File Replication Service failed] Log File Replication Service; Src NtFrs; ID 13508; Type Warning; User ; Desc The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from UKSWD3K02 to USPVL3K133 for c:\windows\sysvol\domain using the DNS name ukswd3k02.rdigest.com. FRS will keep retrying. Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning. [1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name ukswd3k02.rdigest.com from this computer. [2] FRS is not running on ukswd3k02.rdigest.com. [3]

Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:06 AM
  • Hello,

Can you please briefly explain your infrastruture I mean how many domian controllers do u have ? Do you have a single domain environment ? Is your dns is healthy? Also see if you are able to run DCDIAG /V and NETDIAG /V.

Thanks

http://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:20 AM
  • we have multiple domain environment..Dcs are at different different sites....since few days ago ,,,one dc which is at swindon site started throwing alerts..alerts were like...
    1) there is insufficient site connectivity information for the KCC to create a spanning tree replication topology....due to which few sites could not be reached.....

2) Replication Failure: there are no end points available from the endpoint mapper

Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:01 AM
  • Can anybody have any ideas about this error as to when it comes...i checked on the internet and i found it is related to rpc but have not sufficient knowledge about the tools used to check and conform that is this realy a problem with rpc.
    Dev
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 3:16 PM
  • The article I referenced earlier provides suggestions how you can try to address the issue (section How to resolve RPC Endpoint Mapper errors). Have you tried ALL of them?

hth
    Marcin
    • Marked as answer by devdeep arora Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:24 AM
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 7:20 PM
  • To make you more understand the issue..i created 2/3 user objects on this faulty server,it has been 3 days it has not been replicated yet to the other domain controllers...ON the same time i created user object on the other servers but they were replicated to the faulty DC.

It means Faulty Dc is taking the updates from the other DCs but not replicating its own changes changes to the other DCs

Dev
    Monday, July 27, 2009 2:24 AM
  • Issue has been sorted out....

We created few registry settings...in the RPC-->INternet-->one with dword value "port":-49200-50200....and second dword with name "userInternetPorts"-Y

After that the replication is working perfectly.....

Thanks Marcin and syed for your support

Dev
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:24 AM
  • Last things are described in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/distributedservices/archive/2008/11/12/troubleshooting-msdtc-issues-with-the-dtcping-tool.aspx (or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306843/en-us#rtDisclaimer, section More Information, item 3). This registry keys may be added manually (as you did it) or via dcomcnfg.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:58 AM