none
an established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Question

• Hi. I have a question.
    I'm working at IT company as server admin. But I'm a novice in this role.
    I need your helps to resolve my problem.

My app(A) is accessing 20 servers, counting the number of users from these.
    It's running on another server. let's say server X.
    It has worked very well.

I want to migrate My app(A) from the server X to new machine Y. And I Did it.
    But it doesn't works at all. app(x) doesn't initialize the socket.
    winsock error code is 10053. the message is "an established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"

firewall is not activiated, but ipsec controls the aceessing(The same ipsec policy is working on the server X and Y)
    the port which are used by app(x) is permitted to all related servers
    (when the port was not permitted, I got another error code and message - unreachable)
    Both X and Y are Windows Server 2003 sp2.
    app(x) is made by using .Net Framework 1.1 with VB.

I believe I did all actions to open a specfic port.
    But I'm not sure that they are really everything i should do.

And I check the port by using telnet command.
    On server X(app(x) works), the command windows displays nothing and stays a few minutes. and then it goes away.
    On server Y(app(y) doesn't works), the command window instantly goes away.
    These different reponses are the clue why i suspect the ipsec policy.

Can you guess what the reason is?
    Where is the start point i should check?

Please help me.
    Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, April 09, 2009 11:33 PM

All replies

• hi there,

after going through the post , it seems that you have written your custom application which is not working.

there might be several factors based on why your code is failing when you deployed it on another OS .

This forum only supports queries related to the system side and any queries related to programing needs to get posted under

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

select appropriate forum and post it accordingly

best of luck .
    sainath Windows Driver Development
    Friday, April 10, 2009 12:58 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

But I think it is not the programming side problem, but server side problem. especially network configuration problem among connected servers

Two servers where MyApp(A) is running and should be running are operated by Windows Server 2003 + sp2. And .Net Framework are installed.
    Runtime environments are almost same. So I just copy MyApp(A) from server X(source) and paste it on server Y(target).

I guess following telnet responses for the specific port would be hint.

"On server X(app(x) works), the command windows displays nothing and stays a few minutes. and then it goes away.
    On server Y(app(y) doesn't works), the command window instantly goes away."

Welcome any suggestions.
    Monday, April 13, 2009 12:46 AM
  • hi there,

after going through your recent post i have the following questions

a) what does your application do ? ( eg : initialize socket --> create client socket --> open the port --> you define send() )  ?

b) does your application has client and server app ?

c) telnet localhost <your custom port> does it give you blank screen ?

d) please disable firewall to test your connectivity

Monday, April 13, 2009 3:14 AM

• a) MyApp create client socket --> connect and open the port --> send init pakcet --> begin receive --> ...
        I got an error at begin-receive step.

b) MyApp is client application. Server application is running on service server.
        Server application has 2 roles. One is to response to client application. The other is a service for mass user.

c) On service server: "telnet localhost port" gives me blank screen for a few minutes.
        On client machineX(MyApp works well): "telnet localhost port" gives me a cannot-connect-to-host message
                                                                  "telnet serviceserver port" gives me blank screen for a few minutes.
        On client machineY(MyApp doesn't works): "telnet localhost port" gives me a cannot-connect-to-host message
                                                                      "telnet serviceserver port" gives me a blank screen for 0.1 sec.

d) firewall is already disabled. But IPSec policy is blocking unpermitted accesses.
        I give access-permissions to both client and service machines.
        To disable IPSec is may give a side effect to my service.
        So, I'll test its connectivity without any blockings while service is down.

Thanks a lot.

Monday, April 13, 2009 5:03 AM
  • Finally I found the reason why MyApp doesn't work.
    Server application was the root of the problem.
    It was blocking MyApp's accesses.
    Until investigating the code of server application, I couldn't think it has blocking func.

Anyway, sorry for bothering you with foolish question.
    And thank you for your kindness.

Monday, April 13, 2009 8:46 AM
  • great !

good luck
    Monday, April 13, 2009 9:10 AM