none
Windows Security Warning - Are you sure you want to copy or move files to this folder?

Question

• Hello,

I've got a windows SBS 2008 installation and a Windows server 2003 std sp2 running terminal server.

Users documents are redirected to the SBS 2008 server and when users logged into the terminal server  try to copy or drag and drop files from their documents folder to trash bin, we get a windows warning dialog box that users have to press Yes/No.

-
    Windows Security Warning - Are you sure you want to copy or move files to this folder?

You should only copy or move files from locations that you trust.
    -

I've read about the problem and a lot of posts describe a way to fix this - The solution should be to add the server location in IE --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Security --> Local intranet --> advance --> file://servername

I've tried to add file://servername and file://ipaddress of the server

Also, ive checked that the option drag and drop files is enabled in the security level of the Local intranet zone.

Also, ive tried to set the local intranet zone to default level and low level, but no success.

I have also tried with the same settings for Trusted sites zone, but no luck here either.

Does anyone know of any other solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you connect to Windows SBS 2008 documents with UAC enabled, please open the Control Panel and click User Accounts, then click the Change User Account Control setting, dropped to the lowest turn off UAC. Press OK.

Try to re-connect to Terminal server to drop files from their documents folder to trash bin to see whether the same issue still exists.

Technology changes life……
    Monday, June 06, 2011 5:13 PM