The WSUS Product Team is proud to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 is now available! Get it today!
We recommend installing SP2 on all existing and new installations of WSUS.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 supports the latest operating systems including Windows Server® 2008 R2 and Windows 7 clients. WSUS 3.0 SP2 is more robust and features significant improvements in client performance, reliability, and increased server usability and reliability.
Administrators will see improvements in several areas including:
· New Update and Computer Status reports provide the ability to report on only the updates you’ve approved for installation. You can run these reports from the WSUS console or use the API to incorporate this functionality into your own reports.
· Auto-approval rules now include the ability to specify the installation deadline date and time for all computers or specific computer groups.
Update Files and Languages
· Improved handling of language selection for downstream servers includes a new warning dialog that appears when you decide to download updates only for specified languages.
· WSUS 3.0 SP2 can be installed as an in-place upgrade from earlier versions of WSUS and will preserve all of your settings and approvals. The user interface is compatible between WSUS 3.0 SP1 and SP2 on the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· A new release of Windows Update Agent is included with WSUS 3.0 SP2 that provides improvements in reliability and faster client scan times, the ability to perform ‘scoped’ scans, improved update organization, more clarity on update value and behavior, plus improved display of imaged machines.
Operating Systems Supported by WSUS 3.0 SP2
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later
· Windows 7 client
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP2 or later
· Windows Vista
· Windows XP Professional
· Windows XP Professional SP1
· Windows XP Professional SP2
· Windows XP Professional SP3 or later
· Windows 2000 SP4
For more information about WSUS 3.0 SP2 including documentation and download instructions, see:
1. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Dynamic Installer for Server Manager (KB972493)
2. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 (KB972455)
For more information about this release visit us at our Windows Server Update Services page.
The Product Team would like to thank you for your support throughout Beta and RC of this release. Thank you for making WSUS a better product!
WSUS Product Group
Please install KB2828185 on your WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2) servers (KB2828185 succeeds and rolls-up KB2734608)
If you've just installed a new WSUS v3 SP2 server and have not patched it with KB2828185, you need to do that first. This KB rolls up all prior updates to WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2), up to and including KB2734608.
1. Cancel out of the setup wizard (where you got the "Object moved" error).
2. Download and install KB2828185. (Follow the instructions in the KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2828185).
3. Relaunch the setup wizard from the WSUS console in Options.
Here are five threads where this has been discussed since it first appeared on Feb 4th:
Sticky0VotesThank you for posting in TechNet forum. The online problem solving can be relatively time consuming because it may demand several messages back and force to fully understand the ...0 Replies | 10174 Views | Created by Arthur_Li - Monday, October 17, 2011 11:27 PM
Answered7VotesWe have upgraded from WSUS 2.0 to 3.0 SP1 and now have few Windows XP SP2 PCs that are extremely slow because the CPU is at 100% utilization running a process called "svchost.exe." If ...
Unanswered0VotesHi! I have configured an "Internet facing" WSUS With Windows Server 2012 and WSUS With SSL. The WSUS is set up With an external FQDN and corresponding SSL (internal CA ...
Unanswered0VotesHow do I tell WSUS not to update the computers to IE 11? I am new to this and taking over someone else task, but i'm not sure how to accomplish this. I don't want our computers to have IE 11 yet, so I ...
Unanswered0VotesHello Our server has crashed two times when attempting to install, November updates: ( KB2868725 & KB2862152 & MRT) Update description was ...
Proposed0VotesI currently am in the process of setting up a remote WOL and shutdown schedule so my WSUS server can push updates to all my clients during non-business hours. I have searched for a definitive ...
Discussion0Votesanyone have a good link to any patch or setting update that I need to get my WSUS 3.2 system running on Windows 2008 R2 to recognize my new Windows 2012 R2 servers correctly? Right now they show up in ...
Discussion8VotesMicrosoft > Windows > WindowsUpdateClient >Operational you may find an error event ID: 25 as follows =================================== Log Name: ...
Unanswered0VotesI've been having issues trying to get a WSUS server up and runing and have had issues for the start of trying to get Wsus install and getting clients reporing to the WSUS server. i think its somthing ...
Unanswered0VotesI am using WSUS Version: 3.2.7600.226 on a Windows 2008 r2 server.. My question is.. Is there any way for me to find out when (date/time) critical & security ...
Unanswered0VotesHi, I'm using actually WSUS 3.2 with SQL server. I want to use SQL management express for making SQL request on WSUS database. I want ...
Answered1VotesI understand the definition of autonomous and replica but I'm confused about the implementation. Lets just say I have two WSUS servers. Server1 at the corporate office and ...
Unanswered1VotesHi, In our organization, we do patching on every 3 months through WSUS using groups(We have made OUs). We have two rules for different group ...
Unanswered0VotesHi everybody... I would to import IE8 for XP into wsus from windows catalog without enable Update Rollups. I need only this update (KB944036) but seems that was removed from windows ...
Unanswered0VotesHi, I was trying to sort out automatic approval for Windows 7 and Office patches on an SBS 2011 server using the inbuilt WSUS. When I did this though, obviously I didn't think ...
Unanswered0VotesHello, i have a probleme with my WSUS error 33002 fhis is the error in the event log which appears every 15 seconds. OS: Widows server ...
Answered1VotesWe have multiple Windows servers and sometimes after we have ran Windows updates on them we find that some of them change there update settings from Turn Off Automatic Updates to Automatic. What ...
Answered2VotesKB2607607 arrived on my WSUS server on the 23rd, but I received the meta for all languages. I double checked my options in WSUS and English is the only language checked. Does anyone else have this ...
Answered2VotesI have moved my desktops and servers over from WSUS 3.0 SP2 on Server 2003 to WSUS 4.0 on Server 2012. When I use the WSUS client on my Windows 7 x64 desktop (3.0 sp2) the correct operating ...
Answered0VotesHello all, I have a Windows 2003 SP2 32bit machine with WSUS installed. How do I check if it's WSUS SP2? When I open it and select help, help about it says version: 3.2.7600.226. ...
Post install problem. Changes to the state or options of DB SUSDB can't be made at this time. DB Is in single-user mode.Hi, Have you ever come across this problem before. Changes to the state or options of DB SUSDB can't be made at this time. DB Is in single-user mode and a user ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 7117 Next ›