The WSUS Product Team is proud to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 is now available! Get it today!
We recommend installing SP2 on all existing and new installations of WSUS.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 supports the latest operating systems including Windows Server® 2008 R2 and Windows 7 clients. WSUS 3.0 SP2 is more robust and features significant improvements in client performance, reliability, and increased server usability and reliability.
Administrators will see improvements in several areas including:
· New Update and Computer Status reports provide the ability to report on only the updates you’ve approved for installation. You can run these reports from the WSUS console or use the API to incorporate this functionality into your own reports.
· Auto-approval rules now include the ability to specify the installation deadline date and time for all computers or specific computer groups.
Update Files and Languages
· Improved handling of language selection for downstream servers includes a new warning dialog that appears when you decide to download updates only for specified languages.
· WSUS 3.0 SP2 can be installed as an in-place upgrade from earlier versions of WSUS and will preserve all of your settings and approvals. The user interface is compatible between WSUS 3.0 SP1 and SP2 on the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· A new release of Windows Update Agent is included with WSUS 3.0 SP2 that provides improvements in reliability and faster client scan times, the ability to perform ‘scoped’ scans, improved update organization, more clarity on update value and behavior, plus improved display of imaged machines.
Operating Systems Supported by WSUS 3.0 SP2
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later
· Windows 7 client
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP2 or later
· Windows Vista
· Windows XP Professional
· Windows XP Professional SP1
· Windows XP Professional SP2
· Windows XP Professional SP3 or later
· Windows 2000 SP4
For more information about WSUS 3.0 SP2 including documentation and download instructions, see:
1. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Dynamic Installer for Server Manager (KB972493)
2. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 (KB972455)
For more information about this release visit us at our Windows Server Update Services page.
The Product Team would like to thank you for your support throughout Beta and RC of this release. Thank you for making WSUS a better product!
WSUS Product Group
Please install KB2828185 on your WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2) servers (KB2828185 succeeds and rolls-up KB2734608)
If you've just installed a new WSUS v3 SP2 server and have not patched it with KB2828185, you need to do that first. This KB rolls up all prior updates to WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2), up to and including KB2734608.
1. Cancel out of the setup wizard (where you got the "Object moved" error).
2. Download and install KB2828185. (Follow the instructions in the KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2828185).
3. Relaunch the setup wizard from the WSUS console in Options.
Here are five threads where this has been discussed since it first appeared on Feb 4th:
Sticky0VotesThank you for posting in TechNet forum. The online problem solving can be relatively time consuming because it may demand several messages back and force to fully understand the ...0 Replies | 11196 Views | Created by Arthur_Li - Monday, October 17, 2011 11:27 PM
Answered3VotesI have a Server2012R2 hyper-v test system I use to spin up dev VM's. I decided to build a new template VM with KB2919355 (81. Update 1) installed. I patch using a WSUS instance on a physical server. ...
Unanswered0VotesDear All, I have the problem with WSUS. please see my case details as below: I configured the WSUS SP2 on Srv2008 R2. it's working normally ...
Unanswered0VotesI have an odd situation where some computers are updating just fine, and others do not seem to update completely. We have a WSUS server pulling updates from ...
Unanswered0VotesHI there, I have an SBS2011 server and when I open the console, it is showing "Update Services cannot authenticate the current user" under Network Essentials Summary / ...
Answered0VotesGreetings! Recently I've been seeing Windows Server Update Services event 10052 (can't send email notifications) errors in our WSUS server application log. This error means ...
Answered2VotesI've configured WSUS 3.0 on W28 Enterprise to download only updates on in English. However, it downloaded many Gigs of Vista Ultimate Language Packs in all flavors. I can't ...
Unanswered0VotesI am running WSUS on Windows Server 2012 R2 using the Windows Internal Database. We have one WSUS server in our organization and around 1200 clients, who are configured to receive and install updates ...
Unanswered1VotesI have two servers that I want to remove from WSUS. They can't be removed from their current computer group, Domain Controllers. I decided that for the domain ...
WSUS 3.0 SP2 (Win2008R2) downstream replica server "Result unknown" when trying to synchronize with new Upstream WSUS 4.0 (Win2012R2)We are migrating our WSUS infrastructure based on Windows Server 2008 R2 with WSUS 3.0 SP2 (Version: 3.2.7600.226) to Windows Server 2012 R2 with WSUS 4.0 (Version: 6.3.9600.16384). After deploy the ...
Unanswered0VotesHi Server 2012 64-bit WSUS install I have trolled as many forum posts as possible but they seem to relate to older versions of Windows OS. I ...
Unanswered0VotesHas anyone seen this problem before? The updates are installed but every few minutes I get the notification that there are new updates available. It is the same definition updates for ...
Answered1VotesHello, First of all sorry for my english. I've got error 0x80072F8F when i try to use WSUS (that is in the internal network) on my DMZ's ...
Answered1VotesI recently switched our WSUS server from using HTTP to SSL. The certificate comes from an internal CA (Windows Server 2012 R2, AD CS). Client computers received the updated WSUS url via ...
Unanswered0VotesHello forum, I am posting this after going through few links on WSUS troubleshooting and not being able to fix the problem. What's happening is that my WSUS server is getting updates from Microsoft ...
Unanswered0VotesHello, I am not using WSUS, but this is about the closest forum I could find that related to it so this is where I decided to post my ...
someone help me how to install WSUS role on primary site server with sql DB service running on different serversomeone help me how to install WSUS role on primary site server with sql DB service running on different server email@example.com
Unanswered2VotesHi, I've got WSUS on Server 2012 R2 and 10 Server 2012 R2 servers. WSUS is quite happily installing all the patches, but they're all stuck at 99% compliance. ...
Unanswered0VotesI'm fairly new to this, so please forgive me if my terminology is off. I've just come into a new organization and don't really know much about how everything is laid out yet (first week here). ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 7524 Next ›