The WSUS Product Team is proud to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 is now available! Get it today!
We recommend installing SP2 on all existing and new installations of WSUS.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 supports the latest operating systems including Windows Server® 2008 R2 and Windows 7 clients. WSUS 3.0 SP2 is more robust and features significant improvements in client performance, reliability, and increased server usability and reliability.
Administrators will see improvements in several areas including:
· New Update and Computer Status reports provide the ability to report on only the updates you’ve approved for installation. You can run these reports from the WSUS console or use the API to incorporate this functionality into your own reports.
· Auto-approval rules now include the ability to specify the installation deadline date and time for all computers or specific computer groups.
Update Files and Languages
· Improved handling of language selection for downstream servers includes a new warning dialog that appears when you decide to download updates only for specified languages.
· WSUS 3.0 SP2 can be installed as an in-place upgrade from earlier versions of WSUS and will preserve all of your settings and approvals. The user interface is compatible between WSUS 3.0 SP1 and SP2 on the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· A new release of Windows Update Agent is included with WSUS 3.0 SP2 that provides improvements in reliability and faster client scan times, the ability to perform ‘scoped’ scans, improved update organization, more clarity on update value and behavior, plus improved display of imaged machines.
Operating Systems Supported by WSUS 3.0 SP2
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later
· Windows 7 client
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP2 or later
· Windows Vista
· Windows XP Professional
· Windows XP Professional SP1
· Windows XP Professional SP2
· Windows XP Professional SP3 or later
· Windows 2000 SP4
For more information about WSUS 3.0 SP2 including documentation and download instructions, see:
1. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Dynamic Installer for Server Manager (KB972493)
2. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 (KB972455)
For more information about this release visit us at our Windows Server Update Services page.
The Product Team would like to thank you for your support throughout Beta and RC of this release. Thank you for making WSUS a better product!
WSUS Product Group
Please install KB2828185 on your WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2) servers (KB2828185 succeeds and rolls-up KB2734608)
If you've just installed a new WSUS v3 SP2 server and have not patched it with KB2828185, you need to do that first. This KB rolls up all prior updates to WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2), up to and including KB2734608.
1. Cancel out of the setup wizard (where you got the "Object moved" error).
2. Download and install KB2828185. (Follow the instructions in the KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2828185).
3. Relaunch the setup wizard from the WSUS console in Options.
Here are five threads where this has been discussed since it first appeared on Feb 4th:
Sticky0VotesThank you for posting in TechNet forum. The online problem solving can be relatively time consuming because it may demand several messages back and force to fully understand the ...0 Replies | 10939 Views | Created by Arthur_Li - Monday, October 17, 2011 11:27 PM
Unanswered0VotesOur WSUSContent folder is approximately 34GB in size. Since we've recently replaced our last Windows XP workstation I wanted to remove all of the Windows XP updates from WSUS and release the disk ...
Answered1VotesIs it safe to do regular maintenance, such as re-indexing the WSUS database, when WSUS is used in conjunction with Configuration Manager 2012? WSUS Version: ...
Unanswered0VotesHi, I'm running WSUS on Windows Server 2012 R2 and it basically works the way I want, with one exception: For the Windows 8.1 clients (and only them) the needed ...
Unanswered0VotesHi all, I have a WSUS server installed and it is joined to a domain. Another user from domain needs to connect to this WSUS server using a WSUS Management ...
Answered4VotesI have been assigned to find-out what certain machines (7(32/64)/2008 R2(32/64) and 2003 R2(32) are reporting thru NESSUS Tool as outstanding for the MSXML 4.0 SP2. The article reference by Nessus is ...
Unanswered0Votesi have wsus 2003.in picture, in console wsus client wsus1 is green and update full,but again wsus server send update to it same kb2789643 and in add or remove this update is install .please help me ...
Unanswered0VotesHya, We have a WSUS server setup up in our main domain. which recives updates from MS. We have created another WSUS server in another domain with no internet ...
Unanswered0VotesI am trying to get my windows updates to start to work again for my company. I have a server running sbs 2011. I reinstalled WSUS 3.0sp2 however, I cannot get it to connect to a ...
Unanswered0VotesHi all, I want to reinstall WSUS Server 3.0 SP2 but I'm not able to do it due several issues. If I try to install WSUS with the ...
Answered0VotesHi, I just noticed that about an hour ago my WSUS server (during its regular synchronization with Microsoft servers) expired 187 updates. On rare occasions it has ...
Unanswered1VotesHi, I just finished installing WSUS 3.0 SP2 on a Win2008 R2 Server. I am able to generate all the reports available in WSUS MMC. I intend to integrate these reports with a custom ...
Unanswered0VotesI recently imaged a computer using MDT 2013 and noticed the computer showed up on the "Unassigned Computers" group in WSUS rather than my main group. Is there any way to configure it so that ...
Unanswered1VotesHey, is it possible to redirect Clients asking for Microsoft Update to a local WSUS installation? Background is I'm organizing a LAN-Party with about 300 users. ...
Answered1VotesHi Folks, Our HQ WSUS database is on a dedicated SQL Server 2008 in HQ. We are planning to set up a replica WSUS server in a branch office (centralized management mode). But we ...
Unanswered0VotesAll of our Windows 8.1 computers check in once or twice in WSUS, and then stop. We're running 3.2.7600.226 and have applied every patch I can think of. The server is 2008 R2 Standard.
Unanswered1VotesDon't worry, I have done a search on the forum and found the other questions asked and answered about WSUS and optional updates. So I understand that WSUS does not and will not install optional ...
Answered0VotesRunning out of space on C: on an SBS 2011 server, I've copied WsusContent and UpdateServicesPackages folders to a larger drive, using wususutil. I did not move or change the database folder or ...
Proposed3VotesHi! There is some threads on this forum about my problem, however i found some new aspects of it :) The problem is that clients Windows 7 x64 SP1 Pro do not see ...
WSUS throwing 13002, "Client computers are installing updates with a higher than 25 percent failure rate. This is not normal."Hello, Within the past two months our WSUS Server started throwing error 13002, "Client computers are installing updates with a higher than 25 percent failure rate. ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 7406 Next ›