The WSUS Product Team is proud to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 is now available! Get it today!
We recommend installing SP2 on all existing and new installations of WSUS.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 supports the latest operating systems including Windows Server® 2008 R2 and Windows 7 clients. WSUS 3.0 SP2 is more robust and features significant improvements in client performance, reliability, and increased server usability and reliability.
Administrators will see improvements in several areas including:
· New Update and Computer Status reports provide the ability to report on only the updates you’ve approved for installation. You can run these reports from the WSUS console or use the API to incorporate this functionality into your own reports.
· Auto-approval rules now include the ability to specify the installation deadline date and time for all computers or specific computer groups.
Update Files and Languages
· Improved handling of language selection for downstream servers includes a new warning dialog that appears when you decide to download updates only for specified languages.
· WSUS 3.0 SP2 can be installed as an in-place upgrade from earlier versions of WSUS and will preserve all of your settings and approvals. The user interface is compatible between WSUS 3.0 SP1 and SP2 on the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· A new release of Windows Update Agent is included with WSUS 3.0 SP2 that provides improvements in reliability and faster client scan times, the ability to perform ‘scoped’ scans, improved update organization, more clarity on update value and behavior, plus improved display of imaged machines.
Operating Systems Supported by WSUS 3.0 SP2
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later
· Windows 7 client
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP2 or later
· Windows Vista
· Windows XP Professional
· Windows XP Professional SP1
· Windows XP Professional SP2
· Windows XP Professional SP3 or later
· Windows 2000 SP4
For more information about WSUS 3.0 SP2 including documentation and download instructions, see:
1. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Dynamic Installer for Server Manager (KB972493)
2. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 (KB972455)
For more information about this release visit us at our Windows Server Update Services page.
The Product Team would like to thank you for your support throughout Beta and RC of this release. Thank you for making WSUS a better product!
WSUS Product Group
Please install KB2828185 on your WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2) servers (KB2828185 succeeds and rolls-up KB2734608)
If you've just installed a new WSUS v3 SP2 server and have not patched it with KB2828185, you need to do that first. This KB rolls up all prior updates to WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2), up to and including KB2734608.
1. Cancel out of the setup wizard (where you got the "Object moved" error).
2. Download and install KB2828185. (Follow the instructions in the KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2828185).
3. Relaunch the setup wizard from the WSUS console in Options.
Here are five threads where this has been discussed since it first appeared on Feb 4th:
Sticky0VotesThank you for posting in TechNet forum. The online problem solving can be relatively time consuming because it may demand several messages back and force to fully understand the ...0 Replies | 11175 Views | Created by Arthur_Li - Monday, October 17, 2011 11:27 PM
Unanswered0VotesHi there, I have just recently installed server 2012 and I was having problems with wsus so I uninstalled it. After uninstalling WSUS I keep getting this error "The ...
Proposed0VotesCan a WSUS 3.0 sp2 server be a downstream server of WSUS 2012 R2?
Unanswered0Votesproduct name > purpose of the server "wether it is QA webserver, prod webserver, dev webserver, other servers, etc... and what i do is from Update Reports, run "Update Status ...
Answered0VotesI have installed WSUS but the post installation task fails. I tried deleting the default website and re-installing which did not work. This is on a Domain Controller running ...
Answered5VotesWindows Update (and for all I know other MS Update services) appears to download to a temporary folder in the root of the drive with the most free space at the time of the download. ...
Answered2Votes6.2 Microsoft resolved the problem for wrong version in WSUS console for Windows 8 and 2012 server, but the problem appear again with 8.1 and 2012 ...
Answered1VotesI installed WSUS on win2012 with WID database. I changed "store update on local" and now I can't make any changes on settings. It keeps saying "cannot save configuration ...
Proposed1VotesHave a new Win2k12 WSUS server, and have added three Win2k8 R2 SP1 servers to the proper OU and WSUS computer group for testing. Servers appear properly, they 'know' what updates ...
Unanswered0VotesI have an odd situation where some computers are updating just fine, and others do not seem to update completely. We have a WSUS server pulling updates from ...
Unanswered0VotesWell Ive been moving from 2008 R2 to 2012. I didnt think I had any issues until I got to the postinstall step. In Sql 2012 the susdb is stuck in Single_User mode. If I try and change it I get the ...
Unanswered0VotesMy test server is server 08 r2, 2 VM clients a 64bit 7 Pro that was installed a few days now. Spending a day and a half I thought I figured it out cause I finally got WSUS GPO update and when I do ...
Unanswered1VotesI'm a WSUS newbie who has installed WSUS on Win2k12 R2, using the WID...I was looking forward to this until I became stymied. :( :( I have not yet installed the ...
Unanswered2VotesHi, I've got WSUS on Server 2012 R2 and 10 Server 2012 R2 servers. WSUS is quite happily installing all the patches, but they're all stuck at 99% compliance. ...
Unanswered0VotesHI there, I have an SBS2011 server and when I open the console, it is showing "Update Services cannot authenticate the current user" under Network Essentials Summary / ...
Answered0VotesHi all I put a request through for hotfix kb2661001 but when I try to apply it to my test server (Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1) I receive the "Update is not applicable to your ...
Answered2VotesI have a Server2012R2 hyper-v test system I use to spin up dev VM's. I decided to build a new template VM with KB2919355 (81. Update 1) installed. I patch using a WSUS instance on a physical server. ...
Answered1VotesI had to re-install WSUS on a 2012 R2 SCCM server (Windows 2012), and am running into several issues re-installing. It may help to point out that the SCCM SQL server is remote, so this isn't a WSUS / ...
Unanswered1VotesI'm about to deploy WSUS on a bunch of DC but I read that it's advise not to, due to issues with accessing DB from SQl etc... Is this always the ...
Unanswered0VotesThe problem with my isolated wsus serve is that once the updates are on the server, it will not fully download the updates. Therefore I cannot apply the updates. The below steps ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 7515 Next ›