The WSUS Product Team is proud to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 is now available! Get it today!
We recommend installing SP2 on all existing and new installations of WSUS.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 supports the latest operating systems including Windows Server® 2008 R2 and Windows 7 clients. WSUS 3.0 SP2 is more robust and features significant improvements in client performance, reliability, and increased server usability and reliability.
Administrators will see improvements in several areas including:
· New Update and Computer Status reports provide the ability to report on only the updates you’ve approved for installation. You can run these reports from the WSUS console or use the API to incorporate this functionality into your own reports.
· Auto-approval rules now include the ability to specify the installation deadline date and time for all computers or specific computer groups.
Update Files and Languages
· Improved handling of language selection for downstream servers includes a new warning dialog that appears when you decide to download updates only for specified languages.
· WSUS 3.0 SP2 can be installed as an in-place upgrade from earlier versions of WSUS and will preserve all of your settings and approvals. The user interface is compatible between WSUS 3.0 SP1 and SP2 on the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· A new release of Windows Update Agent is included with WSUS 3.0 SP2 that provides improvements in reliability and faster client scan times, the ability to perform ‘scoped’ scans, improved update organization, more clarity on update value and behavior, plus improved display of imaged machines.
Operating Systems Supported by WSUS 3.0 SP2
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later
· Windows 7 client
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2008 SP1 or later
· Windows Server 2003 SP2 or later
· Windows Vista
· Windows XP Professional
· Windows XP Professional SP1
· Windows XP Professional SP2
· Windows XP Professional SP3 or later
· Windows 2000 SP4
For more information about WSUS 3.0 SP2 including documentation and download instructions, see:
1. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Dynamic Installer for Server Manager (KB972493)
2. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 (KB972455)
For more information about this release visit us at our Windows Server Update Services page.
The Product Team would like to thank you for your support throughout Beta and RC of this release. Thank you for making WSUS a better product!
WSUS Product Group
Please install KB2828185 on your WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2) servers (KB2828185 succeeds and rolls-up KB2734608)
If you've just installed a new WSUS v3 SP2 server and have not patched it with KB2828185, you need to do that first. This KB rolls up all prior updates to WSUS 3 SP2 (3.2), up to and including KB2734608.
1. Cancel out of the setup wizard (where you got the "Object moved" error).
2. Download and install KB2828185. (Follow the instructions in the KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2828185).
3. Relaunch the setup wizard from the WSUS console in Options.
Here are five threads where this has been discussed since it first appeared on Feb 4th:
Sticky0VotesThank you for posting in TechNet forum. The online problem solving can be relatively time consuming because it may demand several messages back and force to fully understand the ...0 Replies | 10913 Views | Created by Arthur_Li - Monday, October 17, 2011 11:27 PM
Answered1VotesHi Folks, Our HQ WSUS database is on a dedicated SQL Server 2008 in HQ. We are planning to set up a replica WSUS server in a branch office (centralized management mode). But we ...
Unanswered0VotesRunning out of space on C: on an SBS 2011 server, I've copied WsusContent and UpdateServicesPackages folders to a larger drive, using wususutil. I did not move or change the database folder or ...0 Replies | 28 Views | Created by BillWCH - 4 hours 10 minutes ago
Unanswered0Votesall - a few weeks ago the WSUS stopped working on a ts server. according to lawrence garvin it cannot be installed on a ts server. now i'm trying to install it back ...
Unanswered0VotesI have the latest WSUS running on Server 2008 R2 and about 300 Win7 x64 PC. I initially blocked IE10 by not approving it. But now I have approved it and it will not install. The status per machine is ...
Unanswered0VotesDon't worry, I have done a search on the forum and found the other questions asked and answered about WSUS and optional updates. So I understand that WSUS does not and will not install optional ...
Unanswered0VotesHey all, I seem to be having a lot of WSUS issues recently. I have a pure Windows 2008 R2 domain in my lab environment. I decided to start testing server 2012 and I've added the ...
Unanswered0VotesIn WSUS, I have grouped computers by servers, Windows 7 Clients, XP Clients, Test, and there is the unassigned group. I only approve updates to the assigned groups, "unassigned computers" is ...
Answered1VotesI am running SBS 2008 and trying to move the SUSDB database from the C: drive to another drive but when logging in to SQL Server management studio I get the following error: "Cannot connect to ...
Unanswered0VotesHello, we have 4 tier WSUS structure in replica mode. The top tier only has one server from where we approve updates. Lets call it Server1 The 2nd tier has only one server, lets ...
Answered0VotesHi, I wonder if anyone can help please. We have downstream server which is set to synch with an upstream server managed by a 3rd party organisation. We can connect and see new updates needed to be ...
Answered4Votescan a WSUS 2012 R2 install be an autonomous downstream host to to an existing 2008 R2 WSUS 3.0 SP2 installation or does the upstream server's WSUS engine version have to match the downstream ...
WSUS isn't downloading the Cumulative Security Update of ActiveX Kill Bits. How include this updates?I've set the WSUS to download every security, cumulative updates for Windows 7, but the console isn't has registered the Cumulative Security Updates for Active X Killbits. I need ...
Unanswered1VotesMy customer configured WSUS server to "Not to save update file locally", so after detected update from WSUS, client tried to download update files from Microsoft Update; due to no ...
Answered2VotesHi, We are using SCE 2007 with SP1 with WSUS 3.0 SP1 on same server. We use SCE 2007 to approve and decline updates. I run the " Server Cleanup Wizard" on WSUS ...
WSUS throwing 13002, "Client computers are installing updates with a higher than 25 percent failure rate. This is not normal."Hello, Within the past two months our WSUS Server started throwing error 13002, "Client computers are installing updates with a higher than 25 percent failure rate. ...0 Replies | 246 Views | Created by edwimb - Friday, March 07, 2014 4:46 PM
Unanswered1VotesHey, is it possible to redirect Clients asking for Microsoft Update to a local WSUS installation? Background is I'm organizing a LAN-Party with about 300 users. ...
Unanswered1VotesI have an issue on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 which is vCenter server. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800f0818: Update for Windows ...
Unanswered1VotesGood afternoon, I am sorta ignorant to WSUS functions and issues, so I'll try to cover as much information as possible. About a 8 months ago, we attempted to P2V our Server 2003 ...
Answered2VotesI have been assigned to find-out what certain machines (7(32/64)/2008 R2(32/64) and 2003 R2(32) are reporting thru NESSUS Tool as outstanding for the MSXML 4.0 SP2. The article reference by Nessus is ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 7394 Next ›