none
windows server can't login to domain

Question

• Hi,

I have a Windows server 2003 server that can't login to the domain for a while.

I checked the System log and found the following:

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain due to the following:
    There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.  
    This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.  

ADDITIONAL INFO
    If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain.

But I have other computers in the same network - domain which doesn't have this problem..

I can RDP into this server.

When I go to user/groups and try to look for the members of the administrators group I only have the "local admin account" and sids from other users. But only local login works.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Zoltán

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 4:08 PM

Answers

• Disjoining the Server from the domain my have negative sideeffects. I suggest that if you plan to do this that you first reset the computer account of this server. This will avoid that the computer account will get a new SID as it would be the case by rejoining the domain. A new SID would cause the server to get kicked out of possibly existing security groups he was in.
    Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Disjoin the server from domain, reboot and rejoin it to domain again, doing this will likely to fix this issue.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 4:51 PM
  • Disjoining the Server from the domain my have negative sideeffects. I suggest that if you plan to do this that you first reset the computer account of this server. This will avoid that the computer account will get a new SID as it would be the case by rejoining the domain. A new SID would cause the server to get kicked out of possibly existing security groups he was in.
    Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:32 PM