none
Cannot find REPLMON for Windows Server 2008

Pregunta

•  

Can someone actually tell me where replmon is for Windows Server 2008?  I cannot find it anywhere.  Microsoft plans on testing for it on test 70-640.  Where is this tool?

It is not in the support\tools directory on RC1.  The only thing there is gbunicnv.  Thats it!

Where is it at?

I'm getting pretty upset in trying to find a tool that should be easy to find and access.  I cannot find ANY documentation that points to where it is for Windows Server 2008.

Its pretty ridiculous that it is this difficult to find it. 

martes, 15 de enero de 2008 17:46

Respuestas

• Hi Gene,

I think we should wait for Windows Server 2008 RTM to see if it will contain the support tools including REPLMON.

Thanks a lot.

jueves, 17 de enero de 2008 10:38

Todas las respuestas

• Hi Gene,

I think we should wait for Windows Server 2008 RTM to see if it will contain the support tools including REPLMON.

Thanks a lot.

jueves, 17 de enero de 2008 10:38
  • Thanks Scorpio.  At least I know that it hasn't been released in the RCs and I was just overlooking it.

Thanks

jueves, 17 de enero de 2008 16:52
  •  Scorpio Milo wrote:

Hi Gene,

Thanks a lot.

well RTM is out. but still can''t find Support Tolls
    lunes, 07 de abril de 2008 7:57
  • When you confige AD DS on your Windows Server 2008 server, it automatically installs Advanced Tools. You can find them under the AD DS role in the Server Manager.
    However, these tools don't include replmon.exe. But it is possible to download the Windows Server 2003 Support Tools .msi file and install it on a 2008 server. I've tested out the Replmon tool on 2008 and it worked flawless.

• Editado Gubge jueves, 19 de junio de 2008 9:10 Typo
    miércoles, 21 de mayo de 2008 8:52
  • Gone:

Getting Over Replmon

Mike Crowley A+, Network+, Security+, MCT, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator / Messaging Administrator
    Read my 2¢ on the Psychology of a TechNet Forum Thread!

jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009 4:38
  • Hello,

for 2008 32bit install the 2003 32bit support tools, during install ignore the compatibility warning and go on with installation. After that you can use replmon also on 2008.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009 12:46
  • cool.  that compatibility warning is generated by microsoft's own shim database.  why is it making the warning?  perhaps just other tools in the reskit that dont work?

Mike Crowley A+, Network+, Security+, MCT, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator / Messaging Administrator
    Do you still have Exchange 2000?  Looking to upgrade to Exchange 2010?  Read how.

viernes, 04 de septiembre de 2009 4:09
  • Hello,

maybe, the tools i use from it are for checking AD related settings. Other ones you have to test yourself. 2008 is slightly different from the code, so make tests on a lab system before using in production.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    lunes, 07 de septiembre de 2009 8:34
  • Also refer the below blog post:
    http://policelli.com/blog/?p=178
    martes, 08 de septiembre de 2009 2:44
  • hi,

Unfortunately its not included but you can install windows 2003 support tools, just ignore the compatibility warning.

I hope it would help...

Regards, Ajaj Desai (India)
    martes, 08 de septiembre de 2009 7:05
  • From the horses mouth (http://bit.ly/bXClQP)

The AD Replication Monitor utility (Replmon.exe) was introduced with the Windows Server 2000 Support Tools many years ago as a GUI mechanism for performing certain DC admin tasks. With the release of Window Server 2008 Replmon was not included and we stopped making add-on Support Tools. Every few weeks someone asks me ‘where do I download the Windows Server 2008 version of Replmon? Nowhere. It’s done. Buried. Gone. Kaput. If you want it, you must run the old Windows Server 2003 version. Today I will talk about moving on with its supported replacement, Repadmin.exe.

lunes, 22 de noviembre de 2010 11:42
  • The replmon graphical user interface tool was removed starting in Windows Server 2008. Repadmin is still available for troubleshooting replication. For more information on using Repadmin, see Monitoring and Troubleshooting Active Directory Replication Using Repadmin.

lunes, 18 de abril de 2011 18:37
  • Replmon in Windows 2008 R2

Step 1: Download Windows 2003 SP1 Support Tools from the below link.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=7911

Step 2: Copy the downloaded file in DC 2008 R2 and run the setup.

Step 3: Select “Run Program”.

Step 4: Click next.

Step 5: Select radio button “I Agree” on End User License Agreement window and click next and then on install now button.

Now you can run “Replmon” tool and take its benefits.

Problem:

While installing support tool, path in the Environment Variable, set with the precedence of “Program files (x86)\Support Tools.

That’s lead ambiguity while you try to access or use 2008 support tool like “NETDOM”. It follows the precedence and tries to use netdom of 2003 support tool, which doesn’t run in 2008 and gives the below error.

However you can use by while change a path, but every time you have to do this.

To avoid this there is a need to change the precedence in environment variable.

Cut the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Support Tools\;” from the Path and Past it after “%SystemRoot%\system32;

So, the final path will be like “%SystemRoot%\system32; C:\Program Files (x86)\Support Tools\;………”

Now you can use Replmon and netdom without any special step.

miércoles, 12 de octubre de 2011 9:02
  • Hi,

I am raising this old thread to help make users aware of a new UI-based tool you can use to monitor Active Directory replication and analyze and prioritize replication errors. The Active Directory Replication Status Tool is a free tool on Microsoft Download Center. Active Directory MVP Sean Deuby has written a good article about it in Windows IT Pro Magazine. We also have a home page for the tool on TechNet Wiki where you can can submit feedback, feature requests, or share tips and tricks.

Thanks,

Justin [MSFT]

viernes, 09 de noviembre de 2012 19:17