none
Unable to migrate dhcp from win2003 to win2k8 R2

Pregunta

• Hi,

I'm trying (this is maybe the 5th-6th time) to migrate the dhcp role from a old demoted dc win2003 server to the new win 2008 R2 domain controller.

On the old server I succesfully exported the db with netsh dhcp server export C:\dhcp.txt all
    Then I installed the dhcp role on the new server and imported with netsh dhcp server import C:\dhcp.txt all

The dhcp servers starts correcty and it works, but after some hours I get those 2 errors every hour (because it tries to make the backup)

EventID 1016
    The DHCP service encountered the following error when backing up the database:
    An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. Look at the DHCP server event log for more information on this error

EventID 1010
    The DHCP service encountered the following error while cleaning up the database:
    An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. Look at the DHCP server event log for more information on this error.

After that the dhcp stops to work.
    I also tried to stop the service and delete the mdb database
    I tried many times to reinstall the role but every time the problem is the same.
    The last time I tried on a new freshly installed DC, with no AV installed

Any idea?
    Thank you

miércoles, 27 de junio de 2012 12:03

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas