none
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Pregunta

• I can not get windows server 2012 to load keeps giving me a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION can anyone help me? I'm trying to put it on VMware workstation 8
    jueves, 07 de junio de 2012 16:11

Respuestas

• Hi,

From the description, you are getting BSOD issue while trying to run a Windows 2012 RC as a VM.

According to my research, VMware workstation 8 supports Windows server 2012 RC. Please test to upgrade the device drivers to the newest version.

For your current situation, can you boot into system? If so, you could try to collect dump files for analysis. If not, test to boot into Safe Mode first.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lunes, 11 de junio de 2012 9:10
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• I too have the same problem...any help on suggestion this...Thanks
    viernes, 08 de junio de 2012 3:39
  • Hi,

From the description, you are getting BSOD issue while trying to run a Windows 2012 RC as a VM.

According to my research, VMware workstation 8 supports Windows server 2012 RC. Please test to upgrade the device drivers to the newest version.

For your current situation, can you boot into system? If so, you could try to collect dump files for analysis. If not, test to boot into Safe Mode first.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lunes, 11 de junio de 2012 9:10
    Moderador
  • I am using VMWare player 4 and the Windows 8 Enterprise Preview.  initially I was getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when I was creating the VM specifying the System type as Other > Other 64bit.  When doping it this way it did not request a serial key.

When I told it to use Windows > Windows 7 64bit as well as setting it not to power on the sound card, printer or floppy drive as well as tweaking down the USB controller settings to only enable high-speed support for USB 2.0 devices...then it loaded fine, as well as it did request the serial key.

My ISO file and serial key came from my company's Volume Licensing Site under Downloads and Keys> Software Assurance.

• Propuesto como respuesta Rick.Butler jueves, 19 de julio de 2012 17:33
    jueves, 19 de julio de 2012 17:33