none
WUA Fails with WARNING: Exit code = 0x800704DD

Pregunta

• This issue is occurring on a select few servers running Windows 2003.  From the WindowsUpdate.log: WARNING: GetUserTokenFromSessionId failed with error 800704dd for session 0.  The WUA is being called from ITMU SMS.  But the issue seems only related the WUA.  The issue was occurring on another 20 servers, but if you downgrade their WUA from 7.1.6001.788 to 7.1.6001.65 everything works fine (Unless you need to use the windows update site which upgrades the agent :) These remaining servers fail when using the older client.

Any Ideas?
    martes, 04 de agosto de 2009 15:55

Respuestas

• Hi,

After my research, this issue is a potential bug, the workaround now is to downgrade the client to 7.1.6001.65 just like you said.

The fix is supposed to be included in WSUS 3.0 SP2.
    jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009 6:33
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• > WARNING: GetUserTokenFromSessionId failed with error 800704dd for session 0

This is a WARNING, not an error, and if the WUAgent is failing at this point, it's possibly because the update package is trying to run with user interaction. Verify the command line parameters of the package are properly set to run unattended. Generally this message can be safely ignored, unless you're trying to run something interactively, in which case simply logging onto the console session should resolve the issue.

> The WUA is being called from ITMU SMS.

For this scenario, I would recommend seeking assistance in an =SMS= or =SCCM= forum, where there is sufficient expertise to deal with the interactions of the ITMU and WUAgent.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
    martes, 04 de agosto de 2009 22:03
    Moderador
  • Hi,

After my research, this issue is a potential bug, the workaround now is to downgrade the client to 7.1.6001.65 just like you said.

The fix is supposed to be included in WSUS 3.0 SP2.
    jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009 6:33
    Moderador