none
Disable ctrl+alt+del after rdp session

Pregunta

• Hi all,

How can I leave the current logged in domain user logged into Windows 7 pro x32 (in a server 2008 R2 domain) after I rdp to the machine?  I want to logoff / disconnect my administrator rdp session, then have the screen appear unlocked and open to the app we are running for display.  

I hope this makes sense in my description, and this is the first time I have encountered this scenario.  

Thank you, and free coffee for the correct answer!

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 3:04

Respuestas

• Hello, 

If you are in RDP console, If want come out from the session press ALT+F4 instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del.

One more thing, normal domain user you can't logoff/disconnect adminstrator RDP session unless you have proper admin rights.Since your machine is windows 7, you will have a chance to login into system either through RDP/Direct only once. 

Where as, Server OS can have multiple RDP session logins (Default RDP sessions are 3, it can be more if you install terminal server licenses). 

qwinsta is a command to know the active RDP sessions of any server.

Regards, Ravikumar P

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 5:26

Todas las respuestas

• Hello, 

If you are in RDP console, If want come out from the session press ALT+F4 instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del.

One more thing, normal domain user you can't logoff/disconnect adminstrator RDP session unless you have proper admin rights.Since your machine is windows 7, you will have a chance to login into system either through RDP/Direct only once. 

Where as, Server OS can have multiple RDP session logins (Default RDP sessions are 3, it can be more if you install terminal server licenses). 

qwinsta is a command to know the active RDP sessions of any server.

Regards, Ravikumar P

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 5:26
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help.

Regards,
    Clarence
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

lunes, 02 de julio de 2012 6:48