none
Internet Explorer Maintenance items greyed out

Pregunta

• When I attempt to edit the default domain policy, I am not able to make many changes to the trusted sites settings. Most of the options are grayed out. I have disabled Internet Explorer security on both of the domain controllers and that did not resolve the issue.

I can not make changes to the local browser settings and re-import that because the items are greyed out on the local browser also.

martes, 08 de enero de 2013 5:05

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Please let us know the version of your Windows Server and IE so that we can troubleshoot the issue more effectively.

Also please check the article below to see if it helps:

Internet Explorer Maintenance Replacements

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh846772.aspx

Have a nice day.

Regards

Kevin

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

miércoles, 09 de enero de 2013 5:06
  • Thanks you. I will look through the article.

I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise w/ SP1. and IE8.

Joshua Lance

miércoles, 09 de enero de 2013 18:42
  • I tried the IEAK and it does the same thing.

Here are the steps I am taking on the domain controllers. I open the Group Policy Manager or Editor and edit the default domain policy.

I go to user config, policies, IE Maintenance, Security and edit the security zone. It automatically prompts to import the settings. I click on Manage and I see the settings that are currently configured on my browser. When I go down the edit the "automatic prompting for activeX controls", the option is grayed out... Just as it is in my browser settings.

I implemented the browser settings in the GPO a long time ago. Since then, I added a Windows Server 2008 R2 as a DC.

When I attempt t change the settings in the browser, it is grayed out. The bottom of the screen indicates that the settings are managed by an administrator.

I cannot figure out where to "unlock" these settings. It has become critical and I am hoping that someone has an answer for me.

Thanks

Joshua Lance

viernes, 11 de enero de 2013 4:41
  •  
    > Here are the steps I am taking on the domain controllers.

Don't edit GPOs for clients and users directly on the DC. Install RSAT
    on a client and do it from there... On servers, typically IE enhanced
    security configuration is enabled, and this makes things behaving "strange".

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich über eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
    viernes, 11 de enero de 2013 7:51