none
no notification in Desktop notification area Server 2012

Pregunta

• Hi,

after applying KB2734608 to WSUS 2012 servers are downloading updates. I can see Downloads are ready for install in CP -- Windows Update,

but there is no notification in notification area.

Is it "normal" for W2012 or something is missing?

I found this:    (  is it valid for Server 2012 or there is something else (explained) THE SUGGESTED KB is for XP-VISTA )

Hi,

Whatappears is not only the notification balloon?or icon?

If the notification balloonsee the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307729

If the icon try the following procedure:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070002

If not try:

- stop the WU service

- enter commands at theDOS prompt

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
    regsvr32 Wucltui.dll
    regsvr32 wups.dll
    regsvr32 wups2.dll
    regsvr32 wuweb.dll

- Start the WU service

martes, 19 de febrero de 2013 16:13

Respuestas

• New behaviour:

When logged in to Server 2012 large stripe with the message: Updates are available and Install button appeared on the center of the Desktop.

Something was updated for notification appearance. Cool!

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

• Marcado como respuesta pob579 miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2013 14:18
    miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2013 14:18

Todas las respuestas

• i'm reading they took this notification out of both windows 8 and windows server 2012. allegedly the windows 8 login screen tells users that there are new updates to install, but i'm not seeing anything like that when I log in to my server 2012 machines.
    jueves, 28 de febrero de 2013 20:03
  • Primarily for the server the notification icon is very conviniet feature.

When login to the server one have just click on notification icon for installing updates.

Without it knowing that updates were approved we need to create shortcut for update...

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

viernes, 08 de marzo de 2013 12:09
  • I confirm that Server 2012 behaves the same way as W8. The message about available updates does appear on Admin login screen.

Personnaly, I think a notification icon was conviniet thing...

lunes, 11 de marzo de 2013 12:48
  • New behaviour:

When logged in to Server 2012 large stripe with the message: Updates are available and Install button appeared on the center of the Desktop.

Something was updated for notification appearance. Cool!

• Marcado como respuesta pob579 miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2013 14:18
    miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2013 14:18