none
Windows Server 2008 R2 Local Profile Corruption

Pregunta

• Hi,

I am trying to get find what could be the reason that we have users profile that gets corrupted where as inside the user profile folder the "windows folder" looks like a notepad after it gets corrupted. Is there any reason why this happens and what is the resolution for this?

Appreciate your response or input.

thanks in advance!

J

miércoles, 27 de junio de 2012 19:04

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• There could be many unknown reasons. One of the reason which I think could cause profile corruption is dirty shutdowns ( hard boots ).  One more reason which I suspect: abruptly closed application's connection with registry keys.

Thanks !

miércoles, 27 de junio de 2012 20:20
  • Are there other symptoms or is shortcut icons the only issue?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 1:59
  • First of all disable any antivirus on the server and test again. 

MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 2:12
    Moderador
  • Hi,

It looks like the file association is corrupted.

Please backup the registry and try to import the default associations for File Folders from the following link to check the result:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

If it does not work, please create a new user and copy the user profile to the new user account.

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 5:56
    Moderador
  • Thanks to everyone. It makes sense with all your answers. I have never seen such type of corruption on Win2K3. I know profiles gets corrupted which is not uncommon, but to the extent where the users daily complain that they cannot access application it is something which I was surprised.

Let me try all your suggestions and let you all know what is the outcome. Again thank you all for your response and I did not check the forum for very long.

miércoles, 22 de agosto de 2012 13:43